Author Topic: Income, Expenses and Burn Rate?  (Read 1706 times)

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Another suggestion: how about adding a % symbol before the APR.

Im looking at the current screenshots - havent compiled the gui yet.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Deflation rate is good. Mixing metaphors a little bit but I think it's clear enough.

> your explanation contradicts bytemasters who says income and expenses are averages.

I'm pretty sure the display shows network total, maybe BM did not know (he doesn't work with the GUI much) or worded what he meant wrong ("average" like using one round to compute the day's "expected" rate? IDK)
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
why not list it as a deflation rate?  I find the stats very confusing, and your explanation contradicts bytemasters who says income and expenses are averages.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
> So... is my BTSX balance increasing daily?

No, your balance does not change. If we had "bips" (explicit dividends), then your daily rate would be the "burn rate" times your percent of the stake. We don't have that though, you just get increased % stake in the form of decreasing supply.

> I understand expenses, but wouldn't it be better to show the daily pay for ALL the delegates rather than some average per when many are used?
> the burn also feels like it would make more sense as a total daily amount rather than some average per delegate percentage.

It's not an average, it is total for the day.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Income represents the average BTSX earned per day, expenses are average BTS X paid to delegates, and burn rate is daily BTSX burned by delegates working for less than 100% pay.  The overview page will probably change a lot in future revisions.

So... is my BTSX balance increasing daily? What is my personal rate, if that is the average?  I understand expenses, but wouldn't it be better to show the daily pay for ALL the delegates rather than some average per when many are used?

the burn also feels like it would make more sense as a total daily amount rather than some average per delegate percentage.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com