Author Topic: Windows BTSX wallet bugs/problems report and general feedback!  (Read 22927 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Thanks.

If there are no plans to support block production in the gui why do you give the user an option to register as a delegate in the GUI?

Is there another benefit to registering as a delegate other than block production potential?
registering as delegate is something different from running a delegate with active block production ..

Further, delegates should be tech savvy enought to run the terminal version and also should be able to register a delegate on the console.

BTW, it's not too difficulr .. just give it try (but be reminded that registering a delegates costs a fee)

Offline oldman

• View Profile
How do I change the password? Option is greyed out.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 03:02:33 am by OldMan »

Offline checkrasier

• View Profile
Thanks.

If there are no plans to support block production in the gui why do you give the user an option to register as a delegate in the GUI?

Is there another benefit to registering as a delegate other than block production potential?

Offline vikram

When delegate block production is enabled any transaction sent appear as pending in the wallet (yet still goes through), and transactions sent to delegates or non delegate accounts in wallet don't show up at all. 

If I disable block production for all delegates and rescan block chain everything goes back to normal.

Is delegate block production not yet supported on windows?

Block production is not supported in the GUI and probably never will be.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
When delegate block production is enabled any transaction sent appear as pending in the wallet (yet still goes through), and transactions sent to delegates or non delegate accounts in wallet don't show up at all. 

If I disable block production for all delegates and rescan block chain everything goes back to normal.

Delegates are not supposed to send transactions because of performance requirements of titan ..

If blockproduction is enabled your client just does not scan transactions .. currently desired restriction .. devs are working on multithreading

Offline bobohuy

• View Profile
Not sure someone reported or not:

I am using Windows 8.1 (64 bit) and wallet 0.3.0. I cannot quit the wallet normally, anytime I quit the wallet (file/Quit) the wallet always freezes and stops working.
When exporting to json, if I overwrite an existed  json file, wallet also freezes and stops working.

Offline checkrasier

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Code: [Select]
>> blockchain_get_block_count                                                                         

I am stuck on block 14576 on windows gui 0.3.0 the last 8h 31m with 10 connections!!!

1.Restarted the client
2.added a few nodes
3.rescanned blockchain
4.restarted windows
5.synced  windows time first attempt with  with "time.nist.gov"  and second attempt "time.windows.com"

no luck...  :(

solved after I deleted folder "chain" and waited to sync from the beginning...

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Code: [Select]
>> blockchain_get_block_count                                                                         

I am stucked on block 14576 on windows gui 0.3.0 the last 8h 31m with 10 connections!!!

1.Restarted the client
2.added a few nodes
3.rescanned blockchain
4.restarted windows
5.synced  windows time first attempt with  with "time.nist.gov"  and second attempt "time.windows.com"

no luck...  :(
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 10:30:01 am by liondani »

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
what about to implement on delegates page up @ down arrows before the delegate names so we know which was the last position they had in past? 

something like this:

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
1).when updating the "Priority Fee(BTSX)" lower than 0.1 BTSX then it doesn't make succesfull transfers and an error message appears after the transfer attempt about "insuficent priority fee"!
2).When updating the "Priority Fee(BTSX)" to higher values compared with 0.1 BTSX the transfer works BUT on confirmation window that appear it stills informs FALSE that the priority fee would be 0.1 BTSX instead the real value!

3). I think it is a little bit dangerous to let the user free to set whatever fee they want on the same page with the "log out time" preference. Assume they type on the "priority fee" something like 9999999 because they thought he typed on the "log out timeout" field.... And after that he makes a transaction where the confirmation window mention the wrong 0.1 BTSX fee.... :P   (what a disaster!)

+5% +5%
This was a problem for me too.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
you realize the current software version is 0.3.2? The prob. of missing a block was drastically decreased by the most recent version

Offline jckj

• View Profile
Probability of missing block is too high now, 3i should improve this. I think the Probability of missing block should be lower than 1/1000000. Or missing less than one block for 50 years will be better for application in industries.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 02:55:05 am by jckj »

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
1).when updating the "Priority Fee(BTSX)" lower than 0.1 BTSX then it doesn't make succesfull transfers and an error message appears after the transfer attempt about "insuficent priority fee"!
2).When updating the "Priority Fee(BTSX)" to higher values compared with 0.1 BTSX the transfer works BUT on confirmation window that appear it stills informs FALSE that the priority fee would be 0.1 BTSX instead the real value!

3). I think it is a little bit dangerous to let the user free to set whatever fee they want on the same page with the "log out time" preference. Assume they type on the "priority fee" something like 9999999 because they thought he typed on the "log out timeout" field.... And after that he makes a transaction where the confirmation window mention the wrong 0.1 BTSX fee.... :P   (what a disaster!)