Author Topic: Demo Wallet Live  (Read 10060 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
hey all,

after i have added my account, the server was going down. i tried from another computer (IP) but still no access. maybe someone can help me to register my account.

Key  ->  BTSX5g9cwmwpmXmbawMJrYTCyKkyUENTZKxM4WAAuh8uPkaqHZfwnu

Or do i missed something?
please go here:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6439.new#new

Offline CryptoExpert

• View Profile
hey all,

after i have added my account, the server was going down. i tried from another computer (IP) but still no access. maybe someone can help me to register my account.

Key  ->  BTSX5g9cwmwpmXmbawMJrYTCyKkyUENTZKxM4WAAuh8uPkaqHZfwnu

Or do i missed something?

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
can't connect the site now :-X

I pulled it down to use the server for some other stuff.  I'll get it back up today.

**it is now back up and running on 0.4.11-rc2.  It's currently empty though.  I don't have access to my funds right now.  I'll throw a few btsx in wwhen I get home if no one beats me to it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 04:37:43 pm by puppies »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mtang

• BTSX id:mtang
    • View Profile
can't connect the site now :-X
BTSX:wallet_approve_delegate btsx.outofcontrol true
DNS :wallet_account_set_approval mtang true
感谢给我们的受托人团队“失控”btsx.outofcontro以及she.bitrose投票。请关注FUND数字资产运作计划//立足兢兢业业的standby delegate//weibo ID:汤O包

TurkeyLeg

Thank you puppy for helping me register with your demo account. I haven't seen it post to my client yet, but I am keeping an eye on it. Thank you very much. I will donate back once I am up and running.

Cheers!

TurkeyLeg
kevin.andrew.burnett

Offline Anders

• View Profile
I've brought my wallet back up.  I hopefully have taken care of the spammer.  If I have to take it back down again, I would direct anyone neediing to register to sfinders wallet.

Thanks! I registered an account. I'm totally new to BitShares so now I need to learn how it works. :D
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 12:49:15 am by Anders »

Offline paperclip

• View Profile
I managed to use the demo wallet and got my account registered. Thanks so much for providing this! I've put what I used back in.

Cheers!

Offline pan

• i am sfinder
    • View Profile

i often saw some ppl withdraw >5btsx to their own wallet in daily base from both demo wallet which drain out  the test fund very quick.

thanks for both contribution ..... +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5%
Password to access the server (demo/demo) works fine.  Password to demo the wallet?

demo wallet is running @  http://54.191.7.103:8080/.  for public access.

access user: demo
password:demo

wallet password is "176173.com"

i will deposit 10btsx for demo test only. please try not to use more than 0.1 for testing .

in the mean time . account "dac.twitter" accept donation for demo testing purpose(all the donation will release for public testing).

I've pulled the wallet down for now.   Some moron has abused it to  register celebrity names,  and almost bled it dry.  it isn't  a lot of money, but they have ruined the wallet for everyone.   I have  ip logging enabled and when I get a chance will figure out what ip this individual is operating from.   I don't know how the rest of the community feels about name squatter,   but this person has squatted hundreds of name.    At the very least can someone point me in the direction of how to either block this ip or respect it?
There should be a warning that squatting does not work, because accounts are not transferable and the private key remains known to the seller, which makes the account worthless for the buyers. But of course, there are morons who register celebrity names anyway making them garbage. smh

I updated the post with a warning that there is no point in squatting names.  Hopefully that will prevent anyone else from being silly.  I would also like to give a big shout out to suck for funding the wallet with another 100 BTSX.  This will help keep this service running.  Thank you.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
I've pulled the wallet down for now.   Some moron has abused it to  register celebrity names,  and almost bled it dry.  it isn't  a lot of money, but they have ruined the wallet for everyone.   I have  ip logging enabled and when I get a chance will figure out what ip this individual is operating from.   I don't know how the rest of the community feels about name squatter,   but this person has squatted hundreds of name.    At the very least can someone point me in the direction of how to either block this ip or respect it?
There should be a warning that squatting does not work, because accounts are not transferable and the private key remains known to the seller, which makes the account worthless for the buyers. But of course, there are morons who register celebrity names anyway making them garbage. smh

I updated the post with a warning that there is no point in squatting names.  Hopefully that will prevent anyone else from being silly.  I would also like to give a big shout out to suck for funding the wallet with another 100 BTSX.  This will help keep this service running.  Thank you.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight

Offline puppies

• View Profile
I've brought my wallet back up.  I hopefully have taken care of the spammer.  If I have to take it back down again, I would direct anyone neediing to register to sfinders wallet.

Offline Riverhead

Tragedy of the commons.

Offline puppies

• View Profile

THat sucks.  I just saw this thread and thought to myself... "yanno, you should update the resource threads with a link to the demo wallet".  Sadly I am not surprised someone has ruined it.

Depending on how you host it (apache I assume?) then there should be a way to block the ip.  Look at the access logs in /var/log/apache and you should likely be able to figure out the IP address.  A PITA but not too bad.  Then there has to be a way to block ip addresses with apache, but I'd have to google it.

The other option is to defund it and just keep like 1 BTSX in it at a time.  Eventually the person will become bored.

I'll dig into the logs tonight after the old lady goes to sleep and find a way to block the IP.  I'd like to do something more drastic to the bastard but that would be an over reaction.  I'll post when its back up.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

THat sucks.  I just saw this thread and thought to myself... "yanno, you should update the resource threads with a link to the demo wallet".  Sadly I am not surprised someone has ruined it.

Depending on how you host it (apache I assume?) then there should be a way to block the ip.  Look at the access logs in /var/log/apache and you should likely be able to figure out the IP address.  A PITA but not too bad.  Then there has to be a way to block ip addresses with apache, but I'd have to google it.

The other option is to defund it and just keep like 1 BTSX in it at a time.  Eventually the person will become bored.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline puppies

• View Profile