I have good news for everyone:
* Keyhotee founders who got screwed over by keyhotee blockchain getting superseded by a blockchain with stricter name rules.
* People who want to be "internet famous" but had their name taken by someone who didn't realize names are non-transferrable.DNS DAC is launching soon.
Our client has support for "login" functionality to websites, sort of like Google or Facebook sign-in but with a saner security model. The DNS DAC has the unique advantage of being able to verify for the user that the site who is asking for login is the real thing. This makes DNS DAC's accounts a better "online ID" DAC than BTSX.
So DNS DAC, like before, will have two namespaces, but now we are branding both instead of just the domains:
domains - throttled auction for initial distribution, normal marketplace otherwise. Used for locating websites, like a normal domain.
- Your "account" name for holding funds and such and for authenticated with, just like BTSX names, one of your possibly many "internet IDs" or "named keys". Used for technologies like "KeyMail
" and "Sign In
- KeyIDs are first-come-first-serve and *NOT TRANSFERRABLE* and it will be clear that this is the case. KeyIDs ("accounts") will be about 100x more expensive on this DAC. These are not "commercially valuable" names, those are .p2p names which are used for locating stuff. KeyIDs will have optional proof-of-burn for novelty / status or whatever but otherwise they are about as valuable as having "[email protected]
" vs "[email protected]
" - nobody cares.
Keyhotee-the-software is pretty much unchanged and could use KeyID as the "root" blockchain, where you can hook in your DACs for other accounts. I don't run keyhotee so I can't promise this but it seems like the natural thing to do.Notice which namespace we do NOT have in DNS DAC
: The "Real World ID" / proof-of-person-validated / thing that gets passed around government agencies.
This is for a separate DAC (voting++) which will have a separate name registration process. There are many options for how these two can "connect" which can be discussed later.What you should do
I will initialize the KeyIDs in the genesis block with the following rules:
* If you are a Keyhotee founder
with an invalid name, you can change your name.
* If a name is registered as a delegate on BTSX on the DNS snapshot date
(not announced... yet) you will be *considered*
for inclusion. This means obvious squatters will NOT be included. ** KeyIDs will not be transferrable **.
* If someone registered your Desired name on BTSX
, we MIGHT swap out their keys for yours, if they are a delegate
* Keyhotee founders might get a not-yet-decided Insignificant Perk but no promisesReply here with your Keyhotee fixes / name squat complains here:https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6170Do not litter requests in this thread, I will delete them.