If I want to update the wallet from 2.1 to 2.3 do I just create the JSON file, save the JSON and the delete old BitX wallet folder and re install newest version? And then reintroduce the JSON to the newest BitX file folder and then open new wallet?
Uninstall previous version and install new version.
Before doing anything, make sure that you have a backup of your wallet.
And I'm assuming the JSON file that is created is like the "wallet.dat" that is being used to save your wallet info. Correct?
More or less, but not really. wallet.dat, it's a binary storage of Bitcoin style coins which used by wallet software. Something like wallet.dat in BitSharesX stored in folder:
JSON file it's a export of sensitive information from we wallet which you can import back to new wallet.
So the steps to update are as follows (correct me if I'm wrong)
1) In the currently installed Bitshare X wallet, go to File menu.
2) Select "Export Wallet"
3) Name the back up .json file and relocate it to let's say...the desktop
4) Uninstall / Delete the current wallet in these locations (C:\Program Files (x86)\BitSharesX) and (C:\Users\"enter_user_name_here"\AppData\Roaming\BitShares X)
5) Download newest wallet version and install it
6) Open new wallet and select the File menu drop down
7) Select "Import Wallet" and go to where the saved .json file is located at and select it
Enjoy new updated wallet!!
Would these steps be correct?