Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: WHY YOU CAN'T COMPETE WITH A BOTNET!!!  (Read 1098 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline doesntmatter

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 36
  • You made this world, now live in it!
    • View Profile
WHY YOU CAN'T COMPETE WITH A BOTNET!!!
« on: November 14, 2013, 07:40:16 PM »

mine for hours in a pool for .0001 PTS ??? WONDER WHY???
before i dc from ypool last night their CMP 1.8 MIL!!!
now with more bots??? wow!!! so many not worth connecting to us anymore.. LOL!!!
WONDER WHERE ITS GOING???
http://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=631.msg6275#msg6275 SEE THIS POST!
PsZtcn3NRs9P3ZqKdxah1uNLZ1QSuecbdd

Offline bytemaster

Re: WHY YOU CAN'T COMPETE WITH A BOTNET!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 07:56:18 PM »
I can assure you that Botnets have not run off with the whole chain.

I know many honest individuals who are cloud mining with 3000+ nodes and getting 250 PTS / hour each.   

All told, I can account for who is getting about 20% of the PTS just through the use of my private and public pools.   The other 80% is apparently using ypool.   

The important thing is that the asset is out there, we will honor it because that is what we said we would do and there is NO WAY for you or anyone else to know how much of this was a bot net.

If you are so concerned about dealing with stolen funds, then just try to live a day without government fiat or a job funded directly or indirectly from government loot.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline doesntmatter

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 36
  • You made this world, now live in it!
    • View Profile
Re: WHY YOU CAN'T COMPETE WITH A BOTNET!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 08:13:50 PM »
so you are agreeing with my 8/10 figure?

and ... i have no job or government loot...  otherwise wouldn't have time for cryptos

i just hoped you had gotten away from the "corruption inherent" that you were talking about on the invictus-innovations.com website...

but I'm just an average fukhed, what do I know...
PsZtcn3NRs9P3ZqKdxah1uNLZ1QSuecbdd

Offline bytemaster

Re: WHY YOU CAN'T COMPETE WITH A BOTNET!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 08:18:55 PM »
so you are agreeing with my 8/10 figure?

and ... i have no job or government loot...  otherwise wouldn't have time for cryptos

i just hoped you had gotten away from the "corruption inherent" that you were talking about on the invictus-innovations.com website...

but I'm just an average fukhed, what do I know...

No, I am saying your 80/20 number is clearly wrong because that is the distribution I can account for of NEW coins.   Counting coins mined in the first week, I can assure you that the vast majority went to regular people prior to any pools being set up.   If botnets did launch, they have at most 20%... but I am not convinced we are dealing with that big of a botnet problem.   

Remember, the slashdot effect can look like a DDOS to the untrained eye.   

Based upon the pool in the other thread there are 23+ people with over 1000 each and many in the multiple hundreds.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline legitnick

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 24
    • View Profile
Re: WHY YOU CAN'T COMPETE WITH A BOTNET!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 08:28:58 PM »
Fuck ypool amirite? Looks like their pool is down again. We need a pool ran by ppl we can trust ie not Grom and others like rpool.

Offline ehalvers

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
Re: WHY YOU CAN'T COMPETE WITH A BOTNET!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 09:54:59 PM »
Ypool just attracted a lot of attention quickly with the 500% miner speed increase. Alot of workers/hash just flooded them in a few days.

Offline Sy

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 91
    • View Profile
Re: WHY YOU CAN'T COMPETE WITH A BOTNET!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 06:12:33 AM »
OP you do realize that you mine the same amount of coin with or without a botnet...right?

It has NO effect on your payout.
ptsweb.beeeeer.org Stats

Offline Sy

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 91
    • View Profile
Re: WHY YOU CAN'T COMPETE WITH A BOTNET!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 06:29:23 AM »
Fuck ypool amirite? Looks like their pool is down again. We need a pool ran by ppl we can trust ie not Grom and others like rpool.

Back when ltc became "big" every pool was under frequent attack, that's just the way it is - what we need is ONE miner that can do failover to another pool...
ptsweb.beeeeer.org Stats

Offline legitnick

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 24
    • View Profile
Re: WHY YOU CAN'T COMPETE WITH A BOTNET!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 06:39:37 AM »
Fuck ypool amirite? Looks like their pool is down again. We need a pool ran by ppl we can trust ie not Grom and others like rpool.

Back when ltc became "big" every pool was under frequent attack, that's just the way it is - what we need is ONE miner that can do failover to another pool...
What we need is a failover pool that can mine as fast you can with ypool. Currently with beeeeer I'm only at 60 col/m compared to 120/m with ypool :(

Offline pro-bitcoin

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 50
    • View Profile
Re: WHY YOU CAN'T COMPETE WITH A BOTNET!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 08:57:30 AM »
I can assure you that Botnets have not run off with the whole chain.

I know many honest individuals who are cloud mining with 3000+ nodes and getting 250 PTS / hour each.   

All told, I can account for who is getting about 20% of the PTS just through the use of my private and public pools.   The other 80% is apparently using ypool.   

The important thing is that the asset is out there, we will honor it because that is what we said we would do and there is NO WAY for you or anyone else to know how much of this was a bot net.

If you are so concerned about dealing with stolen funds, then just try to live a day without government fiat or a job funded directly or indirectly from government loot.

+10

 

Google+