Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Greedy delegates  (Read 1317 times)

Offline iHashFury

Greedy delegates
« on: July 30, 2014, 09:06:52 AM »

There are lots of greedy delegates out there.  :o

Get a better return with one of the following:

ihashfury 6%  ;D
Code: [Select]
wallet_approve_delegate ihashfury
perks 11%  :D
wallet_approve_delegate perks
perky 36 %  ;)
wallet_approve_delegate perky

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Re: Greedy delegates
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 09:14:00 AM »

What is your motivation to not even be break even?  Without the asset registration fees, no one is making money.  I'm not sure why you would call anyone greedy with the current rate of pay being so low.

What are you doing besides saving people  0.0005 dollars a day ?  (I made up that number, but I doubt it is off by much...)
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline iHashFury

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 10:38:17 AM »
I believe the system must run as lean as possible to improve future returns. I'm here for the long run.

Lets see how the post below progresses:

Node6 Delegates Group List - PAY RATE ≤ 6%
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6410

Offline liondani

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 11:20:59 AM »
Ok maybe pay rates under 50% is to low right now but I suggest nobody to have pay rates above 80%
It looks really greedy even if it is not!  ;)

just my 2 BTSX  :)
  https://bitshares.OPENLEDGER.info/?r=GREECE  | You are in Control | BUY | SELL | SHORT | SWAP | LOAN | TRADE |  

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 11:22:41 AM »
Ok maybe pay rates under 50% is to low right now but I suggest nobody to have pay rates above 80%

Hah!  In politics perception is everything :) .

Offline gamey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 12:02:52 PM »
I believe the system must run as lean as possible to improve future returns. I'm here for the long run.

Who isn't in this for the long run?  Do you not think the market will adapt when the money actually matters ?

What were you contributing before ?  Why didn't we hear much from you previously?

I see 3 posts from you at the top of this forum.  You're pretty much spamming the board and calling everyone else greedy.

You contribute far less in "savings" than someone like happypatty, svk (sp?), or alt contributes.  It isn't even comparable.

At your cost you are probably just completely centralized.

Offline iHashFury

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 12:35:55 PM »

Who isn't in this for the long run?  Do you not think the market will adapt when the money actually matters ?

What were you contributing before ?  Why didn't we hear much from you previously?

I see 3 posts from you at the top of this forum.  You're pretty much spamming the board and calling everyone else greedy.

You contribute far less in "savings" than someone like happypatty, svk (sp?), or alt contributes.  It isn't even comparable.

I prefer to listen/read and then post an opinion to see what happens.

3 post = spam?

Hah!  In politics perception is everything :) .

Very true.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 02:45:43 PM »

For the record I am not even running a delegate. My plan is to create tools that people appreciate and help offset the costs.

(btw, I am currently running at a loss, but that's OK, because I still learn in the process)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 07:07:55 PM »

3 post = spam?

You made 3 completely different threads which basically all had the same content.  That you are operating below cost/others are greedy.

Why don't you tell us how much in USD you are saving someone with a 1 million BTSX stake ?

It is hard enough to keep up with everything.  What makes you think that you deserve 3 threads to choke the forum with repetitive ads ?  Do you think this is a good approach for everyone to take in our community ?

Offline iHashFury

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 07:18:44 PM »

3 post = spam?

You made 3 completely different threads which basically all had the same content.  That you are operating below cost/others are greedy.

Why don't you tell us how much in USD you are saving someone with a 1 million BTSX stake ?

It is hard enough to keep up with everything.  What makes you think that you deserve 3 threads to choke the forum with repetitive ads ?  Do you think this is a good approach for everyone to take in our community ?

If my comments/posts/opinions are not relevant and of no use to the community  - moderator feel free to delete

Offline gamey

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 07:22:16 PM »

3 post = spam?

If my comments/posts/opinions are not relevant and of no use to the community  - moderator feel free to delete

It would be nice if you would attempt to answer my questions instead of just calling other delegates greedy.

I don't think most moderators really want to be in a position to make such a judgement call, so we rely on community a bit to police ourselves.

Offline iHashFury

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 12:30:22 PM »
Hello

In my opinion, the point of this tread is to highlight that there are greedy delegates. There are also delegates providing valuable services. The community is voting, in my opinion, correctly as the average pay rate has now reduced from ~90 to ~80%.

The Node6 thread https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6410 is to allow users to post their  ≤ 6% node details.

I have removed my original post.

I alone cannot make savings for a 1 million BTSX stake holder but these two threads should promote a much leaner system by increasing the burn rate and returning profits to all stake holders.

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Bitshares_X#Delegate_Burn_Rate_to_realize_profits

Reducing the supply of BTSX is economically equivalent to dividing the transaction fees among all holders of BTSX proportional to their ownership.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 08:49:19 AM »
Hello

In my opinion, the point of this tread is to highlight that there are greedy delegates. There are also delegates providing valuable services. The community is voting, in my opinion, correctly as the average pay rate has now reduced from ~90 to ~80%.

The Node6 thread https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6410 is to allow users to post their  ≤ 6% node details.

I have removed my original post.

I alone cannot make savings for a 1 million BTSX stake holder but these two threads should promote a much leaner system by increasing the burn rate and returning profits to all stake holders.

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Bitshares_X#Delegate_Burn_Rate_to_realize_profits

Reducing the supply of BTSX is economically equivalent to dividing the transaction fees among all holders of BTSX proportional to their ownership.

It is not correct to call people greedy when they're really not even breaking even on their time/VPS cost.  When the money actually becomes significant to any meaningful degree, then market forces will kick in.  If delegates are providing no value then they will be removed.  Pushing for such a really low rate at this point is doing nothing but inviting centralization. 

Value from someone who actually is a contributing member will vastly outweigh what you are burning at this point.  It is not even close.

Thank you for the wiki link.  I guess maybe should go read that ....

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 12:18:19 PM »
I think all delegates are vastly underpaid at this point in time. 

I hope to increase fees to increase delegate compensation. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Google+