Announcing the Decentralized Namespace Service - get your share by holding PTS before the end of August 21st
- .bit killer and DNS cash cowKeyID
- replacing usernames everywhere
Enabling services like
Browsing .p2p websites - no spying, no seizures!
"SignIn with KeyID
" - think google/facebook signin only MORE SECURE. OUTRAGEOUSLY SECURE if the website is a .p2p site.
" - more on this later... will be a critical piece of infrastructure for BTS ecosystem as a whole
Video (Draft): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeweF05tT50
(new webpage will be launched soon)Features ready NOW (test net incoming):
* .p2p Punishing Throttled Auction (with hard-coded throttle) for initial distribution - more on this later
* .p2p Sell/Buy embedded market
* .p2p TITAN transfers
* KeyID "points" with upburn/downburn - how much money will people spend adjusting a meaningless number associated with their account? Probably a bunch!
* Everything in the toolkit except Markets - *maybe* we will add BitUSD far in the futureFeatures ready at launch at end of august (hopefully, it's just a goal):
* Punishing auction throttle size set by delegates, with fallback to fixed rate
* .p2p "offers" - put up bids before a domain is for sale or before it even exists. Not everyone wants to risk the Punishing Auction.
* SignIn with KeyID - we can already do this with ID-to-ID but we want to be able to do ID-to-.p2p because then you can check the site you are logging in to is who you think it isFeatures ready after launch:
* DNS servers / browser plugins / "invisible" clients - seamless browsing experience
* DNS delegates that act as smart oracles for other decentralized application platforms - ethereum, ripple, etc... KeyID usernames *all over crypto land*.Allocation:
1bn to AGShttps://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6753.0
1bn to PTS
1bn MYSTERY sharedrops onto other crypto. Targets might include BTC, NMC, NXT, ETH (snapshot using presale), PPC. They will likely be scaled so that they all give the same price per DNS and all have the same price *disadvantage* compared to PTS - this is why I feel OK not disclosing the exact allocation yet.. UP TO 100m of the sharedrop *might* be reserved for backpay and bounties but I fear the consequences of perceived unfairness and so I'll probably try to avoid this.
7bn delegate subsidy, about 45% of the pool paid out per year. Remember, this is a theoretical maximum! Realistically you will not have 7bn new tokens printed for the delegates!
Delegate subsidy equation (assuming 10 second blocks):
block_pay = delegate_subsidy_remaining / 5000000
So the *maximum* number of new tokens created after T years is given by:
5000000000 - (5000000000 * (1 - 1/5000000)^((3153600)*T))
(there are 3153600 blocks per year)Watch out for:
* PAID positions for content creation and development (web, core client, and DNS infrastructure)
* Instructions for migrating Keyhotee and BTSX names