Author Topic: Articles for use by bitshares.org  (Read 1370 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Working on a final project for the next 2 weeks, but ill drop by and do what I can too.

Well Fuz, at least you got an excuse !  What about the others ?

Can't a guy get a little help around here? 

If I had a way to bribe.....  Maybe limited edition T-shirts signed by Dan himself ?  Unfortunately someone would have to send them out  for him but it would definitely be high value swag.

If no one works on them this week I'll probably try to finish first editions of the 4 main articles starting tomorrow and go from there.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline fuzzy

Working on a final project for the next 2 weeks, but ill drop by and do what I can too.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Ok here is the work in progress.

It is not at the proof reading stage.  My hope is someone is bored, wishes to help out, drops by and contributes an hour or less.  There is a lot of fleshing out to do at the top level articles.  I would like to see a collaborative effort by anyone ?

Once the articles start to resemble something more reasonable, I will likely move access over to commenting only.

So please please please help Bitshares out.  It is very hard to find writers that can comprehend the nuances.  So going through and trying to help fill this out will help us get some articles up quicker.  I'm also a pooor writer, but outside Virginia I'm a real expert in Bitshares... So here I am trying to get this going....  I'll be working on this more as time avails itself. 

I've put TODOs inside brackets.  <... this is an example >.  Please do not remove them unless you address the point, but please please pretty please help me out with some of this.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vvRNS0RL-P_ID_CgP1SanNJB5HSFMHWmziR9gb4Iy4Q/edit

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Ok there is some definite lack of clarity on bitshares.org. (By clarity I mean it is hard to google SEO optimize.  It doesn't have landing pages on basic subjects etc.)  I could try and write some but I'm not a writer and therefore inefficient.

Here are some articles very much needed IMO.

POW
POS
Bitcoin
Blockchain

I could take a first crack at them, then if we use community to refine my writing.  Better yet, someone who understands a subject could take the first crack at it. :)  Even an outline of approach would be good for starters.

The idea here is to have best in class articles that are the eventual landing point for bitshares X and the ecosystem.  They need to be both informative and have some level of sales pitch.  So we give an overview of the subject but the article steers towards towards Bitshares X.

We do not need low level details or any in depth explanations.  Simple and clear analogies that are helpful seem reasonable.  This is stuff for the average joe.

What do you guys think is best for collaborate editting? I will go with google docs.

In order to attempt to get the ball rolling I will start off with some outlines.

Thoughts?  Who wants to help Bitshares kick some google ranking butt ?

There is a real problem finding people who can do this work and write well at the same time.  A lot of us can do one or the other.  I think this sort of thing we can all do together and have the best articles for a lot of the basic technologies.  Bitshares has a lot unique perspectives that I think are an evolution of the typical current thoughts.

Once we have this, then we can perhaps work backwards and get these articles link juice, etc.

I'll go write up a google doc on this tonight and get a link posted.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 07:32:30 am by gamey »