Dear Bitsharestalk community,
Today we have several exciting announcements to make!
Bitsharestalk.org is now under Bitsapphire
ownership and management. Our team is excited to be part of this emerging industry!
Please keep in mind that this forum is a separate entity from I3 but works together with the industry
as a whole.Amazon
, the original creator and manager of the forum, had other day to day activities to look after. He decided that a professional full time team needed to get behind the forum and that the community needed long term plans.Until the end of the year these are our plans for the forum:
SEO optimizations on our todo list:
- Switch the forum over to Discourse once the android/iphone app matures. (See example community). This won’t happen until we find a good solution for the taptalk android users in the forum.
- Find a better solution for communication between the Chinese and American community on the forum (for the first time this month we got more visits from China than the US). Miscommunication is rampant
- Start a social media and inbound marketing campaign for the community.
- Backup server in case it goes down.
- Start penetration testing for the forum.
- Switch the forum to a different cloud platform (AWS or Google), with better performance
- Setup social media accounts and create a social media strategy
- Setup a weekly curated newsletter for forum subscribers. Many readers simply don’t have the time to follow every important discussion.
- Setup delegates which donates funds to the forum upkeep (to phase out any funds coming from the community)
- Google analytics
- Google Webmaster Tools
- Meta Data Inclusion - Meta description creates interest and click through from social media and search
- Bot Accessibility - Bot-readable URLs need to be mapped to their respective existing forum pages
Frankly, the forum software is almost a decade behind in terms of what web technologies can do now. Our original plan was to slowly change the design of the forum to get everybody accustomed with the new interface and then switch the forum software to Discourse, but that is now off the table. The software is simply too old. Fortunately there are good open source solutions exist.
Please follow us on our new official social media profiles:TwitterFacebookGoogle+
We intend to keep Bitsharestalk free of ads forever. Please vote for our delegates
to support the forum and our greater goal of creating Bitshares web applications
! Full blogpost of our Bitshares web application plans coming soon!
The official forum donation addresses are:Bitcoin: 1J8mEZvuTpKHvns9n25EqDouSbJ7sN3za8PTS: PmD7Czt8B7gFuMbAgEHbbZ3cGjGpHepMquBitsharesX: bitsapphire
Please let us know what you would like to change in terms of forum management and online marketing efforts.