Author Topic: Claim Keyhotee founder id with Bitcoin sent from coinbase?  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com
I'd say: go and try to get your account validated in keyhotee .. once it is in there you can also register in on the btsx blockchain

I have my keyhote founder ID (Brent.Allsop) registered in Keyhote v0.7.0, as you described how to do.  I did this some time ago.

So how do I get this (or rather the brent-allsop Bitshares version) account into my BitsharesX wallet so I can send it Bitshares?

Brent

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Regardless of what you do, please make any change requests to the thread in general.  Requests in this thread may be skipped.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

When I was ignorant in all this stuff, I sent my money for my Keyhotee founder id (Brent.Allsop) from coinbase, so do not have the private key for that.

I'd now like to claim the brent-allsop name that I see out there, and start using it, so how can I claim this?

Brent Allsop

You do NOT NEED the private key for your keyhotee founder ... you need the ADDRESS YOU SEND THE MONEY TO .. that address is you 'founder code'.

in keyhotee you need:
1) your registered name
2) the corresponding founder code (which is a PTS ADDRESS!!!)

Your name (first and last) together with the brainwallet are only used to deterministically generate a private/public key pair for keyhotee. ...
These data you will need to import your keyhotee id into BTSX (or any other snapshot)

/////
alternatively: the latest keyhotee git hub version allows to export the generated private key directly so you only need to wallet_import_private_key in the bitshares_toolkit ..

I'd say: go and try to get your account validated in keyhotee .. once it is in there you can also register in on the btsx blockchain

Offline gamey

• View Profile

When I was ignorant in all this stuff, I sent my money for my Keyhotee founder id (Brent.Allsop) from coinbase, so do not have the private key for that.

I'd now like to claim the brent-allsop name that I see out there, and start using it, so how can I claim this?

Brent Allsop

The name is yours:

},{
      "name": "brent-allsop",
      "delegate_pay_rate": 100,
      "owner": "XTS6ESMzFK2RtJwDaJu3Vd5hieUUCcGyTnDHbiX4MeC8mc19yQJ6m"

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/master/libraries/blockchain/genesis.json

There is a thread about this that you may find helpful:

AGS Address Substitution (if you donated from Coinbase)
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4748.0

I will be posting spreadsheet with updated names (not many) here in the next hour.  If you want me to remove the one used under your keyhotee ID then I can do that or give me a new name, Brent.  Your delegate ID will use your btsx wallet. 

• So tell me what you want keyhotee name to be. 
  • Then you will have your delegate id using your btsx address.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline onceuponatime

Brent Allsop

The name is yours:

},{
      "name": "brent-allsop",
      "delegate_pay_rate": 100,
      "owner": "XTS6ESMzFK2RtJwDaJu3Vd5hieUUCcGyTnDHbiX4MeC8mc19yQJ6m"

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/master/libraries/blockchain/genesis.json

There is a thread about this that you may find helpful:

AGS Address Substitution (if you donated from Coinbase)
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4748.0

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

Brent Allsop