Here is a copy and paste of the demographics list that gamey had going in his thread. Lets try to come up with ideas and throw out what demographics we believe they will appeal too.
Quote from: gamey on August 14, 2014, 12:28:27 AM
Ok .. We have a list of 10 demographics... Actually, no 11 !! I think thats a good start. Now what to do with them?
I'd like people to pick their top 3 areas to start and list them in order from highest priority to lower. Or if you want add to the list, whatever.. I'm trying to use a bit of community wisdom. Help a brother out !!!
1) Day traders and traders in general. These aren't guys that will sit on BTSX and wait for it to appreciate. These are the people that are needed for this grand experiment work. There has to be countless forums etc where active traders congregate. From FOREX to traditional stock exchanges. The idea would be to get a few people started with hopefully smaller amounts. If they talk more about using it, then the more it will row. These are not crypto people or those who have an strong distrust in USD. These are guys already playing a similar game and we want to migrate them to Bitshares X.
2) People who distrust USD and wish for a hedge. The main problem I see is that these people also do not trust crypto. They're also preparing for the end of the world type scenarios, so this makes the distrust even more strong as BTSX will scare some people. These people don't trust the government so TITAN can be pushed as a feature.
3) Crypto people. I think these are the people we'll get by default with the current marketing (at least what I am aware of). It will be basically people we take from BTC or NXT, etc. Think Bitcointalk and reddit.
4)Businesses that will adopt bitUSD or BTSX as payment. There is also the sub-demographic of people serving a consultant/integrator role.
That will be a hard sale without more widespread adoption, but at some point would be very key. Someone running a crypto-store might see the usefulness of BTSX before others, much like what happened with BTC.
5) people/companies that want to manage their own stock/shares on a blockchain
6) all merchants that already accept FIAT and see the future in blockchain tech
7)People that are privacy minded. - We could look at the users of BTC predecessors for ideas. There are services that existed previous to BTC that have come and gone. The users of these types of services could be interested in things such as BitUSD and TITAN.
8)People in countries that seem likely to outlaw crypto-currencies. TITAN could be seen as a tool to fight fascist oppression.
9) Payment Processors from around the globe. Wine & dine them, if you get them to buyin it would be golden.
10) Investors ! We sometimes get all caught up and forget these things.
11) Students and professors. (What type of students? Economics students? Who will love the market peg? )