We are working to track down as many bugs as possible. Please be patient as the software is very beta and is months away from being a product suitable for all users. Anyone who uses the wallets in their current state must assume all responsibility for any bugs that may impact them. That said, we are working very hard to make sure that any bugs that do occur are temporary and do not result in losing access to balances in the block-chain.
1) Wallet can crash during syncing due to a bug in the networking code. This bug is more likely to effect seed nodes as they are constantly syncing new users. Recommended work around is to auto-relaunch the seed nodes when they crash. Delegates can prevent incoming connections with the --accept-incoming-connections=0 argument and set --max-connections to something low.
Dan N. & Eric are hot on the trail of the true cause of this issue.
2) Wallet can sync to the wrong fork. This bug is a race condition that depends upon which nodes you connect to and how fast you can sync to them. A work around for this is to connect via a chain server or to follow these instructions:
Launch command line client with --disable-default-peers --accept-incoming-connections=0 --max-connections=1 --connect-to IP:PORT where IP:PORT are a known synced node.
We don't have a workaround for the GUI at this point, but will get something on this soon.
3) The Mac OS X wallet can crash on very old versions of OS X
4) The Mac OS X wallet can crash if you have certain Adobe browser plugins installed. We will be auto-detecting these plugins and warn the user in the next release.
5) The Windows wallet can crash on some systems, a work around seems to be to launch the wallet in Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode.
6) At least one person reported that their orders disappeared.
There are a handful of other bugs that have been reported and for which we have fixes implemented. We will continue to update the wallet on a daily basis so that these issues can be resolved.
As always we are working around the clock to get a stable wallet in the hands of everyone as quickly as possible.