So I've been giving some thought about how to distribute some of my BTSX. I have come up with the following and I'm looking for pros/cons to this approach and also some better alternatives.
1) A portfolio wallet that contains all accounts.
2) Create accounts riverhead-checking and riverhead-savings (important that these are NOT sub accounts)
3) Transfer 99% funds to riverhead-savings and 1% to riverhead-checking
4) Export btsx_portfolio.json and put it a few dozen places (USB sticks, etc.)
5) Dump the private key for each checking and savings account then create two new wallets and import a key in each.
6) Export the first as btsx_riverhead_checking.json and put it a few dozen....
7) Export the second as btsx_riverhead_savings.json and put it a few dozen....
8 ) Use the riverhead-checking wallet as day to day spending/playing and push extra funds as they come in to riverhead-savings
This way the wallet that is online and unlocked is not the wallet that contains the majority of funds.Proud supporter of the Oxford comma.