right click the short cut, go to properties, click compatibility tab, then make it backwards compatible with windows xp service pack 3.
Thanks. I tried that, but I get the same result.
1) I uninstalled and deleted the appdata folder for Bitshares-x.
2) I reinstalled and when it says launch, I said no and instead went to properties for the icon and changed the compatibility mode.
3) I started the software using the icon and entered the same password twice and pressed create wallet
4) A few large dots flash on and off quickly (less than a second) and I wait. Nothing happens.
5) I quit by using the menu option from the file menu.
6) I re-start the program using the icon
7) It asks for my password to open the wallet. I enter the password - it says "Wrong Password"