Author Topic: PTS Stolen ( and i've never been hacked before ).  (Read 16671 times)

Offline latitudeclear

• View Profile
Re: PTS Stolen ( and i've never been hacked before ).
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2013, 01:14:10 pm »
These are high risk investments for a reason. The possibility to make a 8,000-14,000 % profit in a single year isn't without some serious risks and headache.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2013, 06:49:59 am »
Maybe I can tell you what went wrong.
Under ordinary use they have been times where the wallet.dat becomes corrupted. The way to avoid that situation and loss of coins associated with that risk is to keep multiple backups of the wallet. Keep the wallet encrypted at all times even if the password is unsophisticated. Make sure that your computer itself isn't connected wireless to anything, no blue tooth. Don't make wallet on virtual machines either because random number generation is critically important.

Sometimes it's the network itself or you are not connected to enough nodes. Protoshares is alpha, it's not beta and it's not a finished product. Bitcoin is beta and is not 1.0. Keep that in mind and understand that when Bitcoin was first released the price crashed when hackers looted peoples wallet.dat files which weren't even encrypted because no one knew Bitcoin could make it to $30.

That same environment exists now where people have a false sense of security or think Bitcoin or Protoshares are as safe as their bank account. It's not safer yet, but it has the potential to be if used properly and if the right products are developed.

Before you leave Protoshares please understand what you may be leaving. Invictus Innovations may go down as one of the most important companies in the history of mankind. These shares may be worth several times more than a Bitcoin and you don't want to be the guy who quit because he lost a few shares which probably were worth only $60 at the time but are worth $600,000 in the year 2017.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 06:54:29 am by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline random_user

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2013, 02:18:40 am »
I'm out with this crypto bullshit.

I've lost like ~4/5 PTS. I was trying to secure my alts, booted live debian @ virtualbox, encrypted drive ok.

Cloned source of protoshare-qt,  compiled.

I've got new adress wow cool. Then shit happend. I've sent 2PTS to test it, it received, cool.

But when i tryed to send it back something weird happend. Transaction was stuck (0 confirms) too long.

I've checked coinplorer = nothing, transaction id, doesnt exist to this day! (it was like +4 days wtf).

I found some help on bitcoin forum that said when you are stuck (with btc) you should resend/reimport keys to new wallet (so did i).

New wallet was created (all on encrypted virtualbox debian) old address imported and what i saw was like this:

Date: 12/15/13 19:48
To: something-else-wtf?
Debit: -1.98999999 PTS
To: my-address-
Debit: -0.01 PTS
Transaction fee: -0.00000001 PTS
Net amount: -2.00 PTS
Transaction ID: ----cut----

PTS which should be back to my address was sent to some fucker, and i've received 0.01 and still don't know why.

I'm fucking tired of this shit. I know i will never see my PTS/nobody will/can help me.

Similar thing happend when i've tryed to send PTS to cryptsy, they never make it and network/??? sent it to some other address.

And no i don't have fucking virus in my live debian/encrypted drive.

~peace out

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2013, 10:10:09 am »
http://www.modern.ie/en-us/virtualization-tools#downloads
You can download all win version as test vesions from Microsoft directly (as VB image / .ova files).. let my know if it helps somebody
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 10:24:52 am by cassiopaia »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline joesmoe

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2013, 07:36:17 am »
nothing on a cursory glance, apart from protoshares qt, what else did you install recently?

Windows had nothing aside from virtualbox guest tools. I think therein lies the problem, i didnt update windows to any service packs or anything. Still, even so, it took only a few hours to get hacked. Crazy.

Maybe a pirated version of windows from a not 100% reliable source?

Download half the windows release torrents available via google and they are backdoored...

Offline Pocket Sand

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2013, 06:02:24 am »
My malware software just blocked an outgoing process to:

IP-BLOCK   218.7.152.6 (Type: outgoing, Port: 50540, Process: protoshares-qt.exe)

It's just reacting to protoshares trying to update itself when it's trying to reach the nodes.

Offline ahpigsy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2013, 11:32:51 pm »
My malware software just blocked an outgoing process to:

IP-BLOCK   218.7.152.6 (Type: outgoing, Port: 50540, Process: protoshares-qt.exe)

Offline digitalindustry

• View Profile
Re: PTS Hacked ( and i've never been hacked before ).
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2013, 09:53:29 am »
literally impossible to say what happened.

invictus server *could* be compromised. we have no way to check the pre-compiled wallets, for some reason they think it's not necessary to sign their releases.

What ?!

And yes in that case always complie .

Offline simplydt

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 12:16:37 pm »
wow, i've seen a lot of wallet stealers *cough* bes thing to do is encrypt your wallet.

Well im not only gonna encrypt my wallet now, i am going to encrypt the drive it runs on as well :P
Which is pretty useless if you have a trojan. Only useful if your computer is stolen.

BTW, make sure you are using the latest version of PTS and execute a -salvagewallet on the wallet.

What does -salavagewallet do?

Also, was it safe to add these nodes posted on the node thread, i noticed the member is a jr member.

Offline joesmoe
View Profile

Re: Seed Node IPs
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 01:43:53 PM »
DO nodes:

Offline cryptrol

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2013, 01:27:53 pm »
wow, i've seen a lot of wallet stealers *cough* bes thing to do is encrypt your wallet.

Well im not only gonna encrypt my wallet now, i am going to encrypt the drive it runs on as well :P
Which is pretty useless if you have a trojan. Only useful if your computer is stolen.

BTW, make sure you are using the latest version of PTS and execute a -salvagewallet on the wallet.

Offline hasher

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2013, 12:40:22 pm »
somebody told that had found trojan in ypool software  ...:-\

the precompiled version or inside the code on github?

that's a troll. do your homework please.
hmm..no?

http://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5.msg5978#msg5978
i believe someone may have just proved you idea unsuccessful by stealing all pts, well 8/10... and counting... with a virus compiled on the 29th of october...!

Offline simplydt

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2013, 11:58:50 am »

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2013, 11:17:16 am »
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline simplydt

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2013, 10:59:42 am »
nothing on a cursory glance, apart from protoshares qt, what else did you install recently?

Windows had nothing aside from virtualbox guest tools. I think therein lies the problem, i didnt update windows to any service packs or anything. Still, even so, it took only a few hours to get hacked. Crazy.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2013, 10:56:07 am »
somebody told that had found trojan in ypool software  ...:-\

the precompiled version or inside the code on github?

that's a troll. do your homework please.