Author Topic: Why is Bitsharesx dropping like a rock?  (Read 7507 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I for one find this pull back very healthy.

When life gives you earthquakes, shred 'em.

Offline jae208

• View Profile
great chance to short once it starts going up

I'm hoping that its volatile these next few days
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline masterfully

• View Profile
So everytime I try to load bitusd on the market screen it just sits there perpetually loading the sell orders, any ideas how to fix this?

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I think it's healthy that it's dropping, and also will allow people who missed the run up a second chance to get in cheap:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7714

Offline Cryptofreakoutlaw31

• View Profile
I have been buying BitUSD at the moment by using the profits that I made from each profitable trade that I executed at Bittrex.   During the last couple of days, I was day-trading an alt coin called Greenbacks(GB) on Bittrex and I was using the GB trading profits to buy BTSX on Bter.  after that, I withdrew the BTSX that I bought with the GB trading profits into my Bitshares X wallet and once those BTSX arrived in my wallet, I immediately bought BitUSD with them.  I wanted to do it this way since 1.) I made some profitable GB trades on Bittrex and 2.) I already had some BTSX in my wallet but I did not want to use the remaining BTSX (about 500+ BTSX left) in my wallet to buy BitUSD because I had already sold a lot of BTSX for a good profit during the run up to buy PTS and I wanted to keep the remaining 500+ BTSX that I bought when the price was under 2000 satoshi/BTSX. 

EDIT: My BitUSD purchases on the BitSharesX wallet decentralized exchange went very well and I had no issues at all.  I am satisfied with it. 

EDIT 2:   I bought my first small amount of BitUSD at 20.75 BTSX/USD level and then again much later when the level was at 24.97 BTSX/USD. 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 04:50:54 am by Cryptofreakoutlaw31 »

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Bitsharesx is starting to look more like a pump and dump by someone in China. I realize Bitsharesx was not created to pump but someone seems to be taking advantage of BTSX as a pump opportunity. Will Bitsharesx drop down into nothingness like how it's been for months since the launch?

Limited liquidity, price is going to bounce all over for the first few months. Nothing to be done except wait for capital to move into the system.

That said, I expect a pretty solid channel to form... pointing roughly to the moon.

Offline Riverhead

I don't know it seems to be holding pretty well at .0007 range.  Lucky if it will go any lower.   This is holding a lot better than I was imagining a correction to take place.  I wouldn't be surprised to see another run up soon.  this technology is pretty great.

Here it is after midnight and I'm still day trading testing the 0.4.8-b wallet. It's addicting. The interface takes some getting used to but the more I use it the more comfortable I am moving around in it. It's only going to get better :D .

Offline mbaeichapareiko

• View Profile
I don't know it seems to be holding pretty well at .0007 range.  Lucky if it will go any lower.   This is holding a lot better than I was imagining a correction to take place.  I wouldn't be surprised to see another run up soon.  this technology is pretty great.

Offline lucky331

• View Profile
let's all make a buy order at .000055.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Dang! I was going to call bottom @ 0.55 as well :)

Offline GaltReport

That's what I have been doing.

You can check it works, because I can now buy more (a fair bit mind you) then what I originally had in BTSX to begin with.

It's actually quite amazing, the peg is holding really well too.

I'm in bitUSD atm too..  I don't think this is the floor.

The peg is almost spot on.. I think we can consider the experiment a success. :)

If the experiment is a success that is what we should be talking about. Why should we care if the price of BTSX goes down even more if we can make money from the process? We know the price will eventually go back up so we can short BitBTC or BitUSD.

It seems to be the perfect market so far as long as the peg holds.

I wasn't complaining. It was pretty apparent last night that today would play out like it did.  ;)

who's calling the bottom?

Ouch!

Offline oco101

• View Profile

You can check it works, because I can now buy more (a fair bit mind you) then what I originally had in BTSX to begin with.

The peg is almost spot on.. I think we can consider the experiment a success. :)

Yup looks good :)

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile

If the experiment is a success that is what we should be talking about. Why should we care if the price of BTSX goes down even more if we can make money from the process? We know the price will eventually go back up so we can short BitBTC or BitUSD.

It seems to be the perfect market so far as long as the peg holds.

I wasn't complaining. It was pretty apparent last night that today would play out like it did.  ;)

who's calling the bottom?

https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline hamiltino

• View Profile

Offline cryptkeeper

• View Profile
I can hear the nxt guys gloating as we speak.