Author Topic: BitUSD Yield (aka Interest) Scheduled for Launch Wednesday  (Read 29564 times)

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
Now that the yield has been introduced on USD, based on transaction fee pool, but USD is still discounted, I am wondering if a floating incentive paid from shorts to longs is still a future possibility or has this been shelved?

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
if only i could now sell 0.0001 usd and get 0.1 usd for everytime i did it  :) or sell 100 satoshi and get 8500 satoshi + a very low amount of btsx. Can we make a button for it -"Sell less, get more"  :D
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
i just sold the lowest amount i could of the asset to get my yield. now i know it works

Cool!
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
i just sold the lowest amount i could of the asset to get my yield. now i know it works
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
a button to move bitAssets to our self would be nice  ;)

I agree.

It could be labeled something like this:

"Redeem your current Yield"

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Known issue with yield payouts... fix implemented.
Any comment on the "lost yield" because of the bug. I was wishfully thinking that with the latest fix that I would have some how gotten it but that was not the case.

Unfortunately, the "lost yield" is not recoverable.
Thanks for the update. it sucks but it isn't the end of the world.

Offline Riverhead

Any comment on the "lost yield" because of the bug. I was wishfully thinking that with the latest fix that I would have some how gotten it but that was not the case.

Eh, I can't feel bad about losing something a week ago I didn't know I was going to have.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
a button to move bitAssets to our self would be nice  ;)

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
will I be able to get the "lost" interest with the fix. It was for more then a 1-2 dollars

Offline bytemaster

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
just a update but it looks like the interest is gone because I transferred money to myself. Yield est. is now zero. can anyone inform me what the correct way to collect interest from bitUSD is? don't want to lose anymore money guessing.

if this is true does it mean we loose yield every time we vote ?

Actually I think you RECEIVE the interest when you make a transaction. I sent some BitUSD to some for shirts and some interest was added to my account I think. I could be wrong but Check your transaction history.

Yes, when you make a transaction your "estimated yield' turns into "paid out yield".
Is there a way to see the paid out yield in the GUI/CLI yet? Does not seem to be represented by any particular transaction.

Filter your transaction history with the phrase "yield" and you will see it.  It only gets paid as part of transactions that move BitUSD/etc.
I filtered the transactions to yield and no payment. yield has also been reset because I can see a new amount accruing but it is no where near old amount. What can I do on my end to help this be looked at further?

I'm having the same issue. I had 0.24-odd bitUSD accrued, I transferred my entire bitUSD balance to myself, and zap - the yield now reads zero and I got no yield payment.

However, yesterday I placed a sell order with some bitUSD, and did receive a yield payment for that. So is it possible yield is re-setting for all transactions, but only paying for certain ones?
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
just a update but it looks like the interest is gone because I transferred money to myself. Yield est. is now zero. can anyone inform me what the correct way to collect interest from bitUSD is? don't want to lose anymore money guessing.

if this is true does it mean we loose yield every time we vote ?

Actually I think you RECEIVE the interest when you make a transaction. I sent some BitUSD to some for shirts and some interest was added to my account I think. I could be wrong but Check your transaction history.

Yes, when you make a transaction your "estimated yield' turns into "paid out yield".
Is there a way to see the paid out yield in the GUI/CLI yet? Does not seem to be represented by any particular transaction.

Filter your transaction history with the phrase "yield" and you will see it.  It only gets paid as part of transactions that move BitUSD/etc.
I filtered the transactions to yield and no payment. yield has also been reset because I can see a new amount accruing but it is no where near old amount. What can I do on my end to help this be looked at further?