Same issue here. Does Multibit even export the keys in WIF format? Note : I use Multibit and it exports to a .KEY file. I cannot import this into KeyID no matter what I try.
Doh! I see now that I'm not supposed to be importing the file, but if I don't password protect the key file I can view the private keys in text format. So, I'm assuming this is what I'm supposed to be pasting into the console. I'm at least seeing no error messages now, but with 65 private keys in this file it's going to take me awhile to find the right one I guess.
Ok it worked!For anyone else having this issue what you do is ...
- Export your private keys from Multibit and do not password protect the file.
- View the file you just exported from Multibit in a text editor and you will see your private keys.*
- Copy the correct private key.**
- In KeyID (in my case) go to CONSOLE and type wallet_import_private_key YOURPRIVATEKEY YOURACCOUNTNAME
* There may be some security issues doing it this way so ask someone more advanced than myself.
** I had 65 private keys and had to enter a bunch until I hit the right one, you may too.