Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Neither Dice nor Lottery are producing results  (Read 3057 times)

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BTS: benjojo
Neither Dice nor Lottery are producing results
« on: September 14, 2014, 08:43:42 PM »

Hey Freetrade, do you know why the games have stopped producing results?  I have a couple of games that appear to be in limbo.  Dice Game: Roll Odd Number | Block:70056  | . . .  and Played: 2 13 24 25 31 35 | Block:70207  | . . .

I'm running 1.0.7, reinstalled and rescanned....I think some others have had the same issue to.  All the best.

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
Re: Neither Dice nor Lottery are producing results
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 09:59:18 PM »
Are things working as expected now with LTS?

Offline CossCrypto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 04:44:03 AM »
LTS is not working properly since weeks now.
Price on exchanges is falling to the ground. And wallet is no fun. Did the dev give up on this project? It was a nice one

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BTS: cyrano
  • Witness: cyrano
  • Payrate: 100%
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 09:19:45 AM »
FreeTrade has been missing for almost 4 weeks now. Hasn't logged in since Sep 8 neither here nor on btt. Block explorer at 42tx is stuck, lottoshares.org forum has been down for about 2 weeks.
I wonder if he's been run over by a bus or something. Maybe the bus was driven by an FBI agent... :-/
Please vote for my BitShares witness "cyrano" and for my STEEM witness "cyrano.witness"!
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 09:35:55 AM »
Just like the original memorycoin, he just abandoned the project. Sad to say he is identified within Bitshares community.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BTS: cyrano
  • Witness: cyrano
  • Payrate: 100%
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 09:58:33 AM »
I can't image he'd "just abandon" it. It had a good start, and he can't have dumped many of his coins in such a short time. He would've been much better off by continuing to support it.
Please vote for my BitShares witness "cyrano" and for my STEEM witness "cyrano.witness"!
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BTS: benjojo
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 02:24:19 PM »
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=694341.600

bitcointalk user emrebey said the following on 20/09/2014;

regarding the dev inactivity,

just have a little patience. freeTrade dealing with some real life stuff, he will come back soon.

Offline CossCrypto

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 07:23:40 PM »

bitcointalk user emrebey said the following on 20/09/2014;

regarding the dev inactivity,

just have a little patience. freeTrade dealing with some real life stuff, he will come back soon.

Thanks for the heads up, hope he'll manage to solve his issues soon :)

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 11:20:42 AM »
Update:

I've been trying to resolve two problems with LottoShares but have not managed to do so.

The first is a forking problem when the checkpointing server is running. The checkpointing server allows draws to take place but causes forks to take place when checkpoints aren't accepted by some clients.

The second is decentralizing the draw/random number generation. Using the block hash and a private key to generate unpredictable randomness is centralized and ultimately unsatisfactory. I think the second problem may only be resolvable in the context of a (bitshares style) delegate model.

Unfortunately I've been unable to resolve these problems in LTS despite a huge amount of effort. I have now decided to redirect my efforts to other projects.

Thanks to everybody who took part and I'm sorry it didn't turn out as well as we had all hoped.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline BTSdac

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 11:45:11 AM »
LTS of most of PTSer and AGSer are locked now , -5%,-5%
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline biophil

• Incentives run the world
    • View Profile
  • BTS: zebulon
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2014, 02:20:07 PM »
Update:

I've been trying to resolve two problems with LottoShares but have not managed to do so.

The first is a forking problem when the checkpointing server is running. The checkpointing server allows draws to take place but causes forks to take place when checkpoints aren't accepted by some clients.

The second is decentralizing the draw/random number generation. Using the block hash and a private key to generate unpredictable randomness is centralized and ultimately unsatisfactory. I think the second problem may only be resolvable in the context of a (bitshares style) delegate model.

Unfortunately I've been unable to resolve these problems in LTS despite a huge amount of effort. I have now decided to redirect my efforts to other projects.

Thanks to everybody who took part and I'm sorry it didn't turn out as well as we had all hoped.

So this is the official LTS death-rattle?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Online Brekyrself

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 02:15:04 AM »
Update:

Any more insight into this?  Is there another dev working on LTS?  Will you be porting LTS over to a BTSX model?  This just seems very blunt.

Offline Gentso1

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2014, 01:18:26 PM »
Update:

Any more insight into this?  Is there another dev working on LTS?  Will you be porting LTS over to a BTSX model?  This just seems very blunt.

I am curious if the dev fund of lts was left alone or liquidated before this announcement, also the time seems odd as its right before ags/pts share's mature...

Care to comment on how much of the dev fund was cashed out before your announcement freetrade?

Offline liondani

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2014, 02:35:20 PM »
It seems like it is the first official DAC scam... (Sorry to say that but it really smell like that! Hope I am totally wrong, but the first signs where already there before lunch... )
Hope nobody made the mistake to share his AGS/PTS keys !!!

That's why we are screaming we need a tool for that exact reason !!!
We don't want expose our AGS/PTS keys to untrusted individuals in future.

PS so for everybody has used his key for this project it's better to claim his AGS/PTS on new DACs immediately  after lunch and of course NOT for third party DACS before a tool is out there securing us !!!
  https://bitshares.OPENLEDGER.info/?r=GREECE  | You are in Control | BUY | SELL | SHORT | SWAP | LOAN | TRADE |  

Offline CossCrypto

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2014, 02:44:12 PM »
It seems like it is the first official DAC scam... (Sorry to say that but it really smell like that! Hope I am totally wrong, but the first signs where already there before lunch... )
Hope nobody made the mistake to share his AGS/PTS keys !!!

That's why we are screaming we need a tool for that exact reason !!!
We don't want expose our AGS/PTS keys to untrusted individuals in future.

PS so for everybody has used his key for this project it's better to claim his AGS/PTS on new DACs immediately  after lunch and of course NOT for third party DACS before a tool is out there securing us !!!

Are you saying that he could have recorded all private key inputs of LTS users with the wallet??

Google+