Author Topic: lets get bitUSD on coinmarketcap.com  (Read 5195 times)

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Yep I dont think people take coinmarketcap too seriously but its a place to see where some new stuff are popping up. I think its a good thing in terms of cheep publicity. And it makes me happy to see our babies up there all proud for everyone to see.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
It's just as biophill said "cheap publicity"
If I didn't see bitshareX on coinmarketcap I probably wouldn't have even noticed it.

I found out about this whole project when I saw ProtoShares listed on coinmarketcap the first time and got curious.
Listings on coinmarketcap are definitely cheap publicity.

Me too.  Fortunately for this guy, it was in December before AGS launched 8)
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline Markus

• View Profile
If I didn't see bitshareX on coinmarketcap I probably wouldn't have even noticed it.

I found out about this whole project when I saw ProtoShares listed on coinmarketcap the first time and got curious.
Listings on coinmarketcap are definitely cheap publicity.

Offline Mysto

• View Profile

Maybe in a year or 2

more like 3 or 4

Honestly I don't think it will ever be on the NYSE because it makes the NYSE obsolete. It would be like a knocker-up praising alarm clocks.

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
And it's up! bitUSD, bitBTC and bitCNY :)

http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/views/all/

+5% Great!

Next target BTSX on NYSE  :), or at least  quotes in WSJ !
+5%
Maybe in a year or 2

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
And it's up! bitUSD, bitBTC and bitCNY :)

http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/views/all/

+5% Great!

Next target BTSX on NYSE  :), or at least  quotes in WSJ !
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
Not sure where I stand on having it listed on coinmarketcap. From a marketing perspective the last thing we want to call bitUSD is a "coin." So for me, it's not necessary we be listed.  Interested to hear bytemaster's thoughts on this. b

Its listed under assets, not coins
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
Not sure where I stand on having it listed on coinmarketcap. From a marketing perspective the last thing we want to call bitUSD is a "coin." So for me, it's not necessary we be listed.  Interested to hear bytemaster's thoughts on this. b

This VVV
I'm very much of the opinion that no bit asset should be on coinmarket cap, since there is no such thing as a bitasset market capitalization (except that it is backed by collatoral BTSX). bitUSD/bitAsset market cap is already included in btsx. Technically, if you get a bit asset on coinmarket cap (which doesn't really make sense, it's more of an OI than a market cap), you also should subtract the corresponding value from btsx's market cap.

Here, I tend to take the position that doing it the way you're describing, though technically correct, is way more hair-splitting than it needs to be. In my view, the point of CMC is cheap publicity and bragging rights, not nitty-gritty details.

Sure, bitAssets are categorically different from assets on other platforms, but we want it to play in the same space as other cryptos, and getting it listed on CMC would increase its visibility. Right now people mostly think it's pixie dust that's "supposed to prediction market peg what?" If people had a chance to publicly watch the OI of BitUSD grow while maintaining a constant share price around $1, that would be money in our bank.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Gotta love the price of BitUSD -- $1.01. But yea, a chart to track the stability of the peg to the dollar is definitely needed.

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
Cool, great work!
Now we just need to persuade him to enable customising the base unit of the price chart. Currently there's only market cap in USD or price in BTC. Neither will reflect the peg of BitUSD or BitCNY.
But it shows how awesome the peg is working for BitUSD. I think this is quite impressive.