Author Topic: Glad I got out of bitcoin...  (Read 5223 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I'm picking up a little bit of bitBTC.

Now this is interesting... I've been buying BTC through the drop.

Going to buy bitBTC instead. Why not?

That's it!

I forget it like every 15 minutes that there is bitUSD and bitBTC.

Offline oldman

• View Profile

Now this is interesting... I've been buying BTC through the drop.

Going to buy bitBTC instead. Why not?

All my crypto eggs are in BTSX but I've still got 85% in stocks and fiat so it's not like I'm losing any sleep.  8)

I've begun divesting equity positions and am stepping into a short position.

This time around I'm using a novel approach via the inverse ETF's (SPXS, etc.). Getting lazy in my old age.

Point of my rambling is that if any of you are have substantial allocations in equities it may be time re-evaluate, take some profits and put on a few hedges.

Market could keep running, and probably will for a while yet, but at this point I'd rather have some of my profits secured than risk the exit rush.

And guess where those profits are going... ;)

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Price is at $422 as of this post.

All in BTSX.

I moved a substantial allocation from BTC to BTSX when BTSX listed... but I'm too old to have all the eggs in one basket.

Well played!

All my crypto eggs are in BTSX but I've still got 85% in stocks and fiat so it's not like I'm losing any sleep.  8)

merockstar

Offline oldman

• View Profile

All in BTSX.

I moved a substantial allocation from BTC to BTSX when BTSX listed... but I'm too old to have all the eggs in one basket.

Well played!

clout

We have bitUSD! We don't need to cash out even if we are bearish.

Just bought some bitUSD. Bitcoins going to put downward pressure on btsx till the october conference.

Offline wesphily

• View Profile
BTC is the index of crypto. If a few coins cause the index to go down then the index causes all the coins to go down. Also, the amount of money it takes to cause a downtrend like this for as long as it has been happening is too high to be contributed to one thing.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Majority of my holdings are still in BTC. I'm not worried about the price drop at all. This is just the natural ebb and flows of Bitcoin. I would guess it'll go lower, but keep in mind Bitcoin's MASSIVE network effect (which is growing every day regardless of price). That's the main reason why I'm still long term BTC.

I think this price decrease is from Ethereum selling off some of their coins as well as merchants converting BTC instantly to fiat.

This is pretty much what I've been hearing for the past 6 months. Bitcoins network effect is really [all] cryptos network effect in disguise. Everywhere bitcoin is used, other cryptos can easily be added with only minor tweaks. Bitcoin laid the infrastructure and every other crypto will pick up the torch when it's dead.

Offline callmeluc

• View Profile
Lucky we had bitcoin 2.0~

;D
BTS_自扯自淡

Offline Frodo03

• View Profile
Majority of my holdings are still in BTC. I'm not worried about the price drop at all. This is just the natural ebb and flows of Bitcoin. I would guess it'll go lower, but keep in mind Bitcoin's MASSIVE network effect (which is growing every day regardless of price). That's the main reason why I'm still long term BTC.

I think this price decrease is from Ethereum selling off some of their coins as well as merchants converting BTC instantly to fiat.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
We have bitUSD! We don't need to cash out even if we are bearish.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

All in BTSX.

Unfortunately going all into BTSX does not protect against a fall in BTC.

Edit: I just remembered that 80% of BTSX volume is in CNY, not BTC, so maybe you are protected:
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitshares-x/#markets
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 07:30:59 am by trader »

Offline Maximus0352

• View Profile

All in BTSX.

I have 2 coins stuck in btcjam.. Doh! :(

Offline oco101

• View Profile

All in BTSX.

It's going to keep dropping for a long time too because the Mt Gox hackers now that they know about the bounty are probably cashing all the way out in a panic.

When hundreds of thousands of Bitcoins are stolen then imagine what it could do to the price if someone decides to sell just 100,000 Bitcoins over the course of a month.

Bounty?? I haven't been in /r/Bitcoin for a few weeks (BitShares obsessed :P) so I'm not totally up to date on whats happening.

http://www.wired.com/2014/09/bitcoin_bounty/

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

All in BTSX.

It's going to keep dropping for a long time too because the Mt Gox hackers now that they know about the bounty are probably cashing all the way out in a panic.

When hundreds of thousands of Bitcoins are stolen then imagine what it could do to the price if someone decides to sell just 100,000 Bitcoins over the course of a month.

I read somewhere that hackers hacked into the owners computer (of Mt Gox) and it was him who stole the money.