- I'd suggest the administrators blast our an email to the entire forum about the taskforce and the need to start organizing grass roots initiatives
- I'd create a simple form for people to fill out that are interested in participating with an email address
- If people are afraid of spamming, recommend they create an email specific to these initiatives
- When a taskforce post is made, have someone blast out an email to everyone that wants to participate
- Have a form that people can acknowledge that the mission was complete
- Encourage others to convince a friend or two to help with the initiative
It's worked in other communities.
Thank you for this feedback. It'd be nice to be in the TASKFORCE subforum. I know similar things have been done in other communities. At first glance, the project seems like a possible failure but #1 it has just started #2 we really need to compare it against alternatives.
I could have spent 2-3x+ time trying to learn how to best apply some 3rd party site, but then that learning curve exists somewhat for everyone.
I'm just trying to make people welcome while staying on task. I'm only a moderator to keep it efficient, never to discourage.
I've been thinking about adding some TASKFORCE's, just been doing a few other things and trying to finish some things out that have been on my plate for too long as it is.