Author Topic: BIPs as a BitAsset  (Read 1590 times)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
This is one of those crazy days...

I will be willing to go long bips...

Now how should we implement the volatility index?

*the name is clear off course:

bitVOLxx
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile

@Frodo
You look like my evil twin :)
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
As dilution will be pretty predictable for longer periods of time (depends a bit on the model but I assume that it will be a rather stable rate) the market is going to be extremely illiquid at most times.

Offline bytemaster

Am I crazy? These are bips. Nobody wants to go long unless they think the number of shares will increase. *Everybody* wants to short.

Unless there is inflation caused by raising capital... say 10% per year like BTC where the funds went to grow the infrastructure. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Am I crazy? These are bips. Nobody wants to go long unless they think the number of shares will increase. *Everybody* wants to short.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
This wouldn't work because shorts can only lose.  It is impossible for BitBIPS to fall in value relative to BTSX.

You can always give some fixed instant bonus to shorts. So you pay 3% to peg your BTSX to a bitBIPS.

Offline toast

• View Profile
This wouldn't work because shorts can only lose.  It is impossible for BitBIPS to fall in value relative to BTSX.

?? They fall in value continuously unless shareholders inflate
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
Worried about greedy shareholders inflating your stake?

Hedge with BitBIP - tracks 1 billionth of the current share supply.

The price feed is determined completely by the state of the chain and so this "feed" could even be built in.

Brilliant!?