Hello Memorycoin Community, passive followers, and greetings to the cryptocurrency community. On behalf of the Memorycoin Dev. Team, we are pleased to announce several changes to the Memorycoin code to be rolled in an update called v3.0, fixing some crucial flaws and optimizing the code. Many of these changes have been in development for a while and even with a limited pay, we were able to push these through without an issue.
First of all I’d like to compliment FreeTrade for his astute
coding when he created Memorycoin and possibly Lottoshares as well. There were several things problematic with the Memorycoin code by FreeTrade, outlined very shortly below to reduce trolling:
• Grant Awards only reward 5.66% of supply.
• 10 million coin cap supersedes the 2.15 minimum block value.
• Grant awards were not calculated against this 10 million cap and there was unexpected hyperinflation.
• 10 million coin cap will be hit within weeks of after the first year.
• 2% inflation cannot work if there is 10 million coin cap.
There are several things we’re going to change in the v3.0 update:
• Source code will be OPEN
to the public, still only to developed by the Memorycoin Dev. Team.
o Note: Precompiled executables will be provided, as well as virus checks.
o Exchange Operators that are not willing to accept our precompiled executables on their servers will be provided the source code in order to scrutinize and compile for themselves.
• Officer Discussion Board for the development of the coin is now closed to the public and only disclosed to shareholders and other team members.
• Grant awards will now reward 6.00% of supply.
• The 10 million market cap will now be hit after the first year, through reducing the block reductions until the 52nd week.
• 2.00% of the supply will be computed and supplied at a constant rate for the next years.
o 200,000 MMC will be minted between the 53rd and 102nd week since the coin launch.
• In order to optimize the block-chain, we’re increasing block time to eight minutes. The supply will be increased by 33% to satisfy the same supply period, but also relying on a decreased reduction to reach 10 million coins by the 52nd week.
• We are increasing the interval of grant block reward times to every 8 hours, as opposed to every 2 hours to reduce block-chain bloat – also making elections more competitive to candidates who appeal to different regions in the world (3 elections per day).
• Temporal Block Retargeting (Faster difficulty changes in order to reduce multi-pool or potentially aggressive mining.)
• The new Memorycoin executables will be uploaded and distributed within the next week.
There are more changes to be made, and will be rolled in the next v3.1 update including some of the following:
• Grant Database optimization.
• Votes of Decay, encourage competition between running candidates.
• Proxy Voting, and Resignation Options.
• More shareholder features: Yields over time to combat inflation.The market correction is coming! Hoard all of the MMC and mine while supply is still high!