Largely based on various ideas that have been thrown around, I decided it would be best to implement a ProtoMediaShare with the following objectives:
• Prove DAC’s (Decentralized Autonomous Corporations) can be implemented successfully
• Decentralize distribution of all forms of media including but not limited to news, movies, music and books
• Create a viable way for people to make money from non-tangible goods such as text, video and audio via mass distribution whilst making the cost free for the end user
• Remove all censorship of media
• Allow for people to submit content anonymously
• Allow for people to view content anonymously
• Encourage the highest quality of content possible through market mechanisms
This thread started from the OP below but I decided to make it the home on here for this particular project. I encourage everyone to throw ideas around, I'll give ample warning for any developments and with the nature of DAC's anyone who follows can get in early. Ideally I would like to see this project forked into more specific DAC's that focus on a particular media (Australian News DAC or African Gospel Music for example) and as far as I can tell there will be hundreds of ways to do so.
Feel free to pm or ask questions in here, I won't have all the answers, but that's the point. We can all work together to get to our common goal.
I was reading in the religion DAC thread about bittunes. I'm just curious as to weather invictus or anyone else has approached this organisation about the idea of forking from Protoshares? If not I guess that leaves the idea available for implementation?
Also, could this and the APDAC possibly be formed from a more "primitive" DAC simply called "Media" which works on the ideas already expressed but just lays the ground work for the distribution and payment to investors/writers/artists?
Then you could form from the Media DAC a DAC for music, A DAC for news, A DAC for books etc. etc.
Sorry if none of that made sense, my brain has about a million thoughts right now haha!