Author Topic: Bitcoin at $330 ?  (Read 12066 times)

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey Vizzini, here are the results of your tips...
Curious about ShareBits? Visit us at http://sharebits.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
its bottoming out soon dont worry  :P

No its not. Bitcoin is designed to be unprofitable. It will continue to slide. All the merchant adoption only adds to the selling pressure. Bitcoin is a victim of its own success. Its time for people to understand what you can actually do with a blockchain.
+5%
Told you
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey CRAPCOIN, here are the results of your tips...
  • gamey: has been credited 100 CRAPCOIN
Curious about ShareBits? Visit us at http://sharebits.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Offline CRAPCOIN

• You can never have enough CRAPCOIN!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: crap-coin
Maybe a great thinning of the herd is what is required and this will help just clean up the crapcoins.  That would be positive.

#sharebits "gamey" 100 CRAPCOIN

Welcome to the CRAPCOIN hodlers club!
CRAPCOIN - Buy them on the DEX for .01 BTS each - https://goo.gl/9RNjnE

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
ahahahahaha...lol...

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I did manage to buy some fractional BTC on Coinbase (bought only 1/3 BTC) when the price was at $290.00. I will buy more if it falls below $250.

Including the 1/3 BTC that I bought when the $ price was $290, I ended up buying a total bitcoin amount of 1 BTC for a total cost of $334.56 during this recent bitcoin $ drop.  I am happy with this BTC purchase.  :)

Very informative... I am saving this in my 'Best tips of all times' folder!

On the same Note, no pun intended, do you want to hear what I did with my 1/73th of a BTC, buying BTSX?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 05:23:22 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

TurkeyLeg

Offline Cryptofreakoutlaw31

• View Profile
I did manage to buy some fractional BTC on Coinbase (bought only 1/3 BTC) when the price was at $290.00. I will buy more if it falls below $250.

Including the 1/3 BTC that I bought when the $ price was $290, I ended up buying a total bitcoin amount of 1 BTC for a total cost of $334.56 during this recent bitcoin $ drop.  I am happy with this BTC purchase.  :)

Offline edilliam

Its an old World of Warcraft meme.  I was comparing the bitcoin seller (now dubbed 'the bearwhale') with 25k coins on the ask to a boss that everyone needed to attack. 

In World of Warcraft a large team of players (a 'guild') would need to work together to defeat a boss.  Such a group was referred to as a 'raid'. 

There is a famous video from around 2005 or so where a raid group is fighting a dragon, Onyxia, one of the major challenges at the time. 

Several of the phrases that the raid leader says in the video turned into famous memes.

"More DoTs":  A DoT or 'damage over time' spell is something that the players would be able to cast on the boss.  The raid leader is calling for more DoTs to be cast on the boss, providing sustained damage over time.

"50 dkp minus":  When the boss is defeated, the group would have to divvy up its treasure.  However, the treasure would be in the form of maybe 4 or so items, whereas at the time a group of 40 people would need to collaborate to take down the boss. 

The standard system for handling this was for a leader to track the participation of members of their guild over time, giving out "dragon kill points" or dkp to participants.  Thus, a player might participate in ten boss kills over the course of a month, and gain dkp each time, and then once they had enough, they would spend their dkp to win one of the items awarded for killing the boss, usually through an auction system.  (Players would bid dkp on the item they wanted, and the highest bidder would be given the item and dkp would be deducted from their total).

The "50 dkp minus" meme comes from the fact that in the video, the leader was threatening the team members with a 50 dkp penalty if they messed up. 

Hopefully that made some sense. :D

Have any guilds tried to turn dkp into a ctypto currency? User issued assets could work pretty well for this sort of thing.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Its an old World of Warcraft meme.  I was comparing the bitcoin seller (now dubbed 'the bearwhale') with 25k coins on the ask to a boss that everyone needed to attack. 

In World of Warcraft a large team of players (a 'guild') would need to work together to defeat a boss.  Such a group was referred to as a 'raid'. 

There is a famous video from around 2005 or so where a raid group is fighting a dragon, Onyxia, one of the major challenges at the time. 

Several of the phrases that the raid leader says in the video turned into famous memes.

"More DoTs":  A DoT or 'damage over time' spell is something that the players would be able to cast on the boss.  The raid leader is calling for more DoTs to be cast on the boss, providing sustained damage over time.

"50 dkp minus":  When the boss is defeated, the group would have to divvy up its treasure.  However, the treasure would be in the form of maybe 4 or so items, whereas at the time a group of 40 people would need to collaborate to take down the boss. 

The standard system for handling this was for a leader to track the participation of members of their guild over time, giving out "dragon kill points" or dkp to participants.  Thus, a player might participate in ten boss kills over the course of a month, and gain dkp each time, and then once they had enough, they would spend their dkp to win one of the items awarded for killing the boss, usually through an auction system.  (Players would bid dkp on the item they wanted, and the highest bidder would be given the item and dkp would be deducted from their total).

The "50 dkp minus" meme comes from the fact that in the video, the leader was threatening the team members with a 50 dkp penalty if they messed up. 

Hopefully that made some sense. :D
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Not that I care about bitcoin at all but I am curious to learn what are you talking about:

We need more DoTs!  More DoTs!

Selling your bitcoin is a 50 dkp minus.

:)

Offline fuzzy

Selling your bitcoin is a 50 dkp minus.

LOL...i wonder how many others in this thread know what you are talking about.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline mimitie

• View Profile
The btc price is kidding now ~~~ 

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
our bitBTC shorters are manupulating the price :P

...just kidding

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline Cryptofreakoutlaw31

• View Profile