At the request of shuiwuhun from the Chinese community, I am posting a translated version of his post from https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9879.msg128423;topicseen#msg128423
(1) Digital currency is still in the early phase development. The current state of digital currency is not much different from the 1995's stage of the Internet. The foundation of the eco-system is still very weak.
(2) BTSX has a lot of potential. Comparatively, Bitshare's ecosystem has a big gap from Bitcoin's.
(3) A lot of people said btsx is different from Bitcoin. One is a share while the other is a currency. This is nonsense. If btsx cannot be an alternative to Bitcoin (note NOT replacing), it has no value in its existence. Mastercoin can act an alternative.
(4) A currency must have a value. It needs to have a good circulation. To a large degree, a currency's value depends on how many people are using it. If we want it to be widely used, It has to be convenient and easy to use.
(5) BTSX wallet is not 'mature'. New users not easy to use it. Worst still, it is not well supported in Win7 64bit.
(6) BitAsset needs not be rushed out nor eagerly pushed out at the moment. It is like doing Blog, taobao during the 1995s. It is not that it is not right to do it. Rather the timing is not ripe. People are not ready for it.
(7) I think the biggest advantage of btsx is DPOS - it gives stability and fast 10s transaction. Compare to Bitcoin's 10min and unstability, btsx is outstanding. However this advantage can be gone if btsx is developing slowly.
I heard Bitcoin's next version will reduce this gap. With bitcoin getting more stable and secured, I believe more companies will provide "0 confirmation" services. When that happens, btsx's advantage would be gone.
I am urging I3 to concentrate all effort and energy on developing the wallet while hold back on bitasset and marketing efforts. Once the wallet is completely working, the rest can come in. For marketing, I3 may not even do it, the big holders/investors of bstx would do it. Again, it is of no use promoting a non-working product.
The prime most important task should be - safe and easy to use wallet (working with WinXP and Win7), web-wallet, andriod and ios wallets. In addition, currently new users who bought from exchange needs to send to a registered account which requires 0.5btsx. How are the new users going to do it? Beg for it?
Could I3 please fix the API's bug so that new users can send to their public addresses from the exchanges?