Author Topic: Our most immediate needs: a good wallet  (Read 6428 times)

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
I can tell you that the "trading software" (not really just a wallet anymore) ... will look AWESOME!
+5% +5% +5%

Wow I can't wait!!!!!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I can tell you that the "trading software" (not really just a wallet anymore) ... will look AWESOME!

Offline matt608

• View Profile
I've heard talk of bitUSD being marketed as a savings account, in which case there needs to be a wallet just for bitUSD, and a wallet just for bitCNY (as the main two bitassets for now).  May help if the wallet resembles an online banking account for ease of use + trust.
AFAIK that's the whole purpose of having a 'simple' wallet .. and if I had to guess it will not include a market .. as there will be a SECOND whole new trading software released for that TOO!

Cool, just went I looked at the bitsapphire screenshots it looked like a wallet for lots of bitassets (with no market), rather than a wallet for a single bitasset.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I've heard talk of bitUSD being marketed as a savings account, in which case there needs to be a wallet just for bitUSD, and a wallet just for bitCNY (as the main two bitassets for now).  May help if the wallet resembles an online banking account for ease of use + trust.
AFAIK that's the whole purpose of having a 'simple' wallet .. and if I had to guess it will not include a market .. as there will be a SECOND whole new trading software released for that TOO!

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Offline svk

agree... current wallet is crap, even classic bitcoin-qt wallet is better than this and easier to use
LOL .. pretty unfair comparison .. if you strip all feature that are not included into bitcoin .. the wallet is pretty much ALOT better than the original wallet ..

adding a market is like ... like .... BAM!! ..

of course including bugs .. that's human nature .. no one is perfect!
Lol agreed, the bitcoin qt client is about as basic as it gets, I find it mind blowing that after all these years bitcoin still only has such a crappy client.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
agree... current wallet is crap, even classic bitcoin-qt wallet is better than this and easier to use
LOL .. pretty unfair comparison .. if you strip all feature that are not included into bitcoin .. the wallet is pretty much ALOT better than the original wallet ..

adding a market is like ... like .... BAM!! ..

of course including bugs .. that's human nature .. no one is perfect!

Offline uray

• View Profile
    • cryptoport
btsx delegate : wallet_approve_delegate delegate.cryptoport
btsx seednode : network_add_node "54.254.168.208:443"

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
we're working on a new wallet GUI .. also Bitsapphire is working on an alternative wallet... stay tuned ....

I'm really looking forward to it!

My feature request:
Please allow for multiple tabs / windows for markets, along with a dashboard  or overlay that is visible on every screen with pertinent information (ie user name, funds, ticker). This would greatly increase the utility of the market and allow the user to enter trades quickly

let me check this …
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Rune

• View Profile
we're working on a new wallet GUI .. also Bitsapphire is working on an alternative wallet... stay tuned ....

Weeks? Months? 2015?

Offline sschechter

• View Profile

I'm really looking forward to it!

My feature request:
Please allow for multiple tabs / windows for markets, along with a dashboard  or overlay that is visible on every screen with pertinent information (ie user name, funds, ticker). This would greatly increase the utility of the market and allow the user to enter trades quickly
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
At the request of shuiwuhun from the Chinese community, I am posting a translated version of his post from https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9879.msg128423;topicseen#msg128423 here.

(1) Digital currency is still in the early phase development.  The current state of digital currency is not much different from the 1995's stage of the Internet.  The foundation of the eco-system is still very weak.

(2) BTSX has a lot of potential. Comparatively, Bitshare's ecosystem has a big gap from Bitcoin's. 

(3) A lot of people said btsx is different from Bitcoin.  One is a share while the other is a currency.  This is nonsense.  If btsx cannot be an alternative to Bitcoin (note NOT replacing), it has no value in its existence. Mastercoin can act an alternative.

(4) A currency must have a value.  It needs to have a good circulation.  To a large degree, a currency's value depends on how many people are using it. If we want it to be widely used, It has to be convenient and easy to use.

(5) BTSX wallet is not 'mature'.  New users not easy to use it.  Worst still, it is not well supported in Win7 64bit. 

(6) BitAsset needs not be rushed out nor eagerly pushed out at the moment.  It is like doing Blog, taobao during the 1995s. It is not that it is not right to do it. Rather the timing is not ripe.  People are not ready for it.

(7) I think the biggest advantage of btsx is DPOS - it gives stability and fast 10s transaction. Compare to Bitcoin's 10min and unstability, btsx is outstanding.  However this advantage can be gone if btsx is developing slowly.

I heard Bitcoin's next version will reduce this gap. With bitcoin getting more stable and secured, I believe more companies will provide "0 confirmation" services.  When that happens, btsx's advantage would be gone.

I am urging I3 to concentrate all effort and energy on developing the wallet while hold back on bitasset and marketing efforts. Once the wallet is completely working, the rest can come in. For marketing, I3 may not even do it, the big holders/investors of bstx would do it. Again, it is of no use promoting a non-working product.

The prime most important task should be - safe and easy to use wallet  (working with WinXP and Win7), web-wallet, andriod and ios wallets.  In addition, currently new users who bought from exchange needs to send to a registered account which requires 0.5btsx. How are the new users going to do it? Beg for it?

Could I3 please fix the API's bug so that new users can send to their public addresses from the exchanges?

How about a BitCNY/BitGold specific wallet?

yeah pls just do it  :P

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
At the request of shuiwuhun from the Chinese community, I am posting a translated version of his post from https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9879.msg128423;topicseen#msg128423 here.

(1) Digital currency is still in the early phase development.  The current state of digital currency is not much different from the 1995's stage of the Internet.  The foundation of the eco-system is still very weak.

(2) BTSX has a lot of potential. Comparatively, Bitshare's ecosystem has a big gap from Bitcoin's. 

(3) A lot of people said btsx is different from Bitcoin.  One is a share while the other is a currency.  This is nonsense.  If btsx cannot be an alternative to Bitcoin (note NOT replacing), it has no value in its existence. Mastercoin can act an alternative.

(4) A currency must have a value.  It needs to have a good circulation.  To a large degree, a currency's value depends on how many people are using it. If we want it to be widely used, It has to be convenient and easy to use.

(5) BTSX wallet is not 'mature'.  New users not easy to use it.  Worst still, it is not well supported in Win7 64bit. 

(6) BitAsset needs not be rushed out nor eagerly pushed out at the moment.  It is like doing Blog, taobao during the 1995s. It is not that it is not right to do it. Rather the timing is not ripe.  People are not ready for it.

(7) I think the biggest advantage of btsx is DPOS - it gives stability and fast 10s transaction. Compare to Bitcoin's 10min and unstability, btsx is outstanding.  However this advantage can be gone if btsx is developing slowly.

I heard Bitcoin's next version will reduce this gap. With bitcoin getting more stable and secured, I believe more companies will provide "0 confirmation" services.  When that happens, btsx's advantage would be gone.

I am urging I3 to concentrate all effort and energy on developing the wallet while hold back on bitasset and marketing efforts. Once the wallet is completely working, the rest can come in. For marketing, I3 may not even do it, the big holders/investors of bstx would do it. Again, it is of no use promoting a non-working product.

The prime most important task should be - safe and easy to use wallet  (working with WinXP and Win7), web-wallet, andriod and ios wallets.  In addition, currently new users who bought from exchange needs to send to a registered account which requires 0.5btsx. How are the new users going to do it? Beg for it?

Could I3 please fix the API's bug so that new users can send to their public addresses from the exchanges?

How about a BitCNY/BitGold specific wallet?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads