Main > Stakeholder Proposals

Explanation of the voting system

<< < (2/2)

gamey:

--- Quote from: Shentist on August 02, 2014, 09:22:53 am ---

1. can i only vote if i transfer myself the amount or are incoming transfers counting as votes too?
2. when i transfer 1.000 btsx and vote for 20 delegates, do i understand it corret, that everyone of the 20 delegates gets 1.000 votingpoints?
3. so when i see a delegat with 9% approvel it means that 9% of 4 bn btsx has voted for him?

i am a longtime reader and sometimes poster, but if i have this kind of problems i assume that new people has absolutly no clue about it. we need here better explaination and examples.

--- End quote ---

1. I do not think incoming transfers change your vote.  It requires that you make a transfer at which point your current voting selection is updated on the blockchain.

2. I don't think it matters how much you transfer.  It is all tied into your unspent stake.

3. Yes.  Well except there are 2 billion btsx, not 4 billion.

If no one else beats me to it, I'll try to create a better explanation of the voting system somewhere on the wiki.  Bringing up points that you find confusing is always a useful thing and helps content/help providers know the areas to improve.  Thanks.

Shentist:
i tried to explain the voting system to a friend and failed big time  :D

so i realised i need a good explanation. but i could not found anything understandable at the wiki or the forum.

can anyone point me to this point or can it explain?

what is unclear?

1. can i only vote if i transfer myself the amount or are incoming transfers counting as votes too?
2. when i transfer 1.000 btsx and vote for 20 delegates, do i understand it corret, that everyone of the 20 delegates gets 1.000 votingpoints?
3. so when i see a delegat with 9% approvel it means that 9% of 4 bn btsx has voted for him?

i am a longtime reader and sometimes poster, but if i have this kind of problems i assume that new people has absolutly no clue about it. we need here better explaination and examples.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version