So, how to deal with the snapshoted shares of DNS VOTE & Music?

Started by sudo, October 21, 2014, 11:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

GaltReport

Quote from: yellowecho on October 22, 2014, 12:15:45 AM
The PTS snapshots for those DACs have already been taken, haven't they?  If so, the merger would not effect the share allocation at all since only the private keys are needed.

That's my understanding.

yellowecho

The PTS snapshots for those DACs have already been taken, haven't they?  If so, the merger would not effect the share allocation at all since only the private keys are needed.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

oco101

Quote from: cob on October 21, 2014, 06:49:10 PM
As of now the Music DAC is taking a wait and see approach. We have to develop the front end as well to bring value and use to the underlying asset. We have plenty of time to make a decision as to what we plug in to. BitShares Music or BitShares mega flagship.

We still have another 40 days of pre-sale at least + bytemaster's announcement to look forward to.
Then we have to consult the forums (:

A month is a long time in the BitShares world!

There are loads of people that are buying in pre-sale because they like very much the Music idea but they don't care about the  Bitshare mega Dac. Say I bought 10 $ worth of Notes  because the idea is so great, and I hope I will make 10x more    If  the acquisition happens and  now you want to give me 10$ worth of BTS( a different  example:  I bought 100000 Notes and now you give me 10000 BTS), this will be a very hard sell. So I suggest to consider very carefully and maybe not to wait until the end of pre-sale  to decide. 

biophil

Quote from: xeroc on October 21, 2014, 07:39:19 PM
Quote from: biophil on October 21, 2014, 07:35:30 PM
One thing that is always sure in the bitshares world is that nothing is ever sure...
Always adopting towards the best!

I sure hope so! All this seems to be happening awfully fast.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

xeroc

Quote from: biophil on October 21, 2014, 07:35:30 PM
One thing that is always sure in the bitshares world is that nothing is ever sure...
Always adopting towards the best!

biophil

Quote from: Rune on October 21, 2014, 04:22:31 PM
No matter what, if one DAC wants to absorb another, stakeholders of the absorbed DAC will get to vote on it, and only if they choose to do it will it go ahead. They will then get awarded a proportional stake so their holdings will continue at the exact same value as before.

One would hope this is the case, but no such vote occurred in the DNS DAC and as of now it's being merged with the mega-DAC at less than half its market value.

One thing that is always sure in the bitshares world is that nothing is ever sure...

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

cob

As of now the Music DAC is taking a wait and see approach. We have to develop the front end as well to bring value and use to the underlying asset. We have plenty of time to make a decision as to what we plug in to. BitShares Music or BitShares mega flagship.

We still have another 40 days of pre-sale at least + bytemaster's announcement to look forward to.
Then we have to consult the forums (:

A month is a long time in the BitShares world!
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Rune

No matter what, if one DAC wants to absorb another, stakeholders of the absorbed DAC will get to vote on it, and only if they choose to do it will it go ahead. They will then get awarded a proportional stake so their holdings will continue at the exact same value as before.

tonyk

Quote from: bitsapphire on October 21, 2014, 04:17:44 PM
Quote from: sudo on October 21, 2014, 11:33:35 AM
if  AGS & PTS  merged into BTSX
how to deal with the snapshoted shares  of DNS、 VOTE & Music?
DNS shares has traded  a few weeks.
Music is IPO ing.

Music DAC is actively looking at the technical details. Whatever gets decided once the dust settles, Music donors will get their equivalent value in whatever token it ends up being build on.

I am personally in favor of the move BM is proposing, however the community members will need more technical information for them to make educated decisions.

Interesting... very much so ...hm
Can the super DAC become extra super DAC, or am I just delusional?
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

bitsapphire

Quote from: sudo on October 21, 2014, 11:33:35 AM
if  AGS & PTS  merged into BTSX
how to deal with the snapshoted shares  of DNS、 VOTE & Music?
DNS shares has traded  a few weeks.
Music is IPO ing.

Music DAC is actively looking at the technical details. Whatever gets decided once the dust settles, Music donors will get their equivalent value in whatever token it ends up being build on.

I am personally in favor of the move BM is proposing, however the community members will need more technical information for them to make educated decisions.
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: [url="https://moonstone.io/login-register.html"]https://moonstone.io/login-register.html[/url]


xeroc

No information is publicly known as of yet .. AFAIK, BM had a discussion with the guys from VOTE just yesterday .. not sure if MUSIC will be part of this at it is a 3rd party product ..
DNS ... not sure ..

Let's not speculate and wait for some information about how the devs see things coming .. They should know what's possible and what's not (technically)

sudo

if  AGS & PTS  merged into BTSX
how to deal with the snapshoted shares  of DNS、 VOTE & Music?
DNS shares has traded  a few weeks.
Music is IPO ing.