Author Topic: is bitAsset - bitJPY on the horizon?  (Read 2407 times)

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
Soon - As defined by Blizzard Entertainment: "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."
The patch will be released soon.

Source: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=soon

haha too funny

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
My understanding is that the bit asset bitJPY has already been created, there is just not enough capital backing it to get it started.
http://www.bitsharesblocks.com/assets
shows all assets and JPY has been there from the beginning (as part of the genesis block)

market opens when 2 conditions are met:
 - 51+ delegates publish a price feed for it (not older than 24h) ... currently only 20 delegates do so .. will change soon after the next wallet release IMHO
 - 500k BTSX of orders on both sides (ask/bid(short))

once both conditions are met, the market will execute only if both conditions are met after matching orders .. :)

thank you xeroc

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
My understanding is that the bit asset bitJPY has already been created, there is just not enough capital backing it to get it started.
http://www.bitsharesblocks.com/assets
shows all assets and JPY has been there from the beginning (as part of the genesis block)

market opens when 2 conditions are met:
 - 51+ delegates publish a price feed for it (not older than 24h) ... currently only 20 delegates do so .. will change soon after the next wallet release IMHO
 - 500k BTSX of orders on both sides (ask/bid(short))

once both conditions are met, the market will execute only if both conditions are met after matching orders .. :)

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
Is the "soon-to-be-released-yet-not-commited-to-any-deadline" version will be the 1.0.0? The "last" hard fork before preparing the big push? If so, the team may take as much time as they require!

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

Am I wrong?

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
any timeline for this hardfork?
Ah .. come on .. you are not so new to the community ..

deadline questions usually either are answered by: soonish (tm) or .. it's done when it's done .. or maybe with: software engineering blabla .. bad estimates .. blabla .. :D

All I was looking for is "soonish"

I dont know why they dont give us better timelines for stuff.  It prepares people even if they are late and makes them accountable which they are.

Deadlines, nasty things, make you late...
-- Bilbo Baggins

A wizard is never late, he arrives precisely when he means to.
-- Gandalf
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
Soon - As defined by Blizzard Entertainment: "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."
The patch will be released soon.

Source: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=soon

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

I dont know why they dont give us better timelines for stuff.  It prepares people even if they are late and makes them accountable which they are.
AFAIK .. next release will have that change already .. and as the last release is roughly 2 weeks ago(!) I guess soon is pretty soonish :)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

deadline questions usually either are answered by: soonish (tm) or .. it's done when it's done .. or maybe with: software engineering blabla .. bad estimates .. blabla .. :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
After the next (and final hardfork) we can start opening up more assets .. (that's at least what BM asked us to do -- wait for the next hardfork with the final market rules)

//edit: a.k.a. interest paying shorts

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
After the next (and final hardfork) we can start opening up more assets .. (that's at least what BM asked us to do -- wait for the next hardfork with the final market rules)

//edit: a.k.a. interest paying shorts

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
The japanese spend a lot of cross border money with trade and buying outside Japan stocks.

When will we have bitJPY?