Author Topic: mining pool figure  (Read 3252 times)

Offline bytemaster

Thanks for the reassurance.

I believe that Invictus have a exceptionally good product and therfore the incentive for holding bitshares shouls deter the 'shorts'.

cheers

kw
They are not 'shorts' just because they are selling their PTS. They make an economic decision based on immediate parameters, minimizing their risk. If they can sell PTS for a cost above the electricity costs/other costs of operations, they will come out ahead and sell. Kinda like arbitrageurs.

I think anyone who sold BTC at $1 when short BTC and LONG USD and has tremendous opportunity cost.   So it is a matter of perspective.   If you are your own counter-party then the short doesn't hurt as much as borrowing from some else to short, but you are still 'short'.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline ruletheworld

• View Profile
    • BTC Geek

I believe that Invictus have a exceptionally good product and therfore the incentive for holding bitshares shouls deter the 'shorts'.

cheers

kw
They are not 'shorts' just because they are selling their PTS. They make an economic decision based on immediate parameters, minimizing their risk. If they can sell PTS for a cost above the electricity costs/other costs of operations, they will come out ahead and sell. Kinda like arbitrageurs.
PTS: PYRqARWMGQ1PeZvjJM6iWJxf2ouwYcueHF
BTC: 1NeRoAKp137GTDUEBaonbu5BUGPN17Xw5n
http://btcgeek.com

Offline krystalwhite

• View Profile

cheers

kw

Offline bytemaster

Hi Bytemaster,

My daughter has just told me how naive I am regarding the Chinese/Korean and the mining pools.

I had no idea how prolific it was.  Is it a case of pump and dump?

It is important that PTS and Invictus have some means of ensuring longevity by making it worthwhile to hold bitshares to stop this practise.

Cheers

kw

There is a lot of legitimate Chinese mining going on.  Ultimately, we have learned a lot from ProtoShares and the value is not backed by their scarcity or the mining algorithm, but our promise to honor them in future DACs.   These pump and dump miners are very short sighted and provide opportunities for intelligent individuals to buy in cheap.   
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline krystalwhite

• View Profile
Hi Bytemaster,

My daughter has just told me how naive I am regarding the Chinese/Korean and the mining pools.

I had no idea how prolific it was.  Is it a case of pump and dump?

It is important that PTS and Invictus have some means of ensuring longevity by making it worthwhile to hold bitshares to stop this practise.

Cheers

kw

Offline krystalwhite

• View Profile
Wow I had no idea - this explains why the Chinese are so far ahead of us...

But how do we market to the EU/US etc market..

I am prepared to help but don't have the technical skills just the sales/marketing, which I am prepared to offer for free as I believe in the product.

Cheers

kw

Offline bytemaster

Hi,

think this is off topic..

I mine with ypool and there are currently 37K workers online - some of those will be sub workers from the same person but if you have 3 different mining pools plus solo mining there must be at least 50k miners of PTS out there so why aren't we seeing these on the forum?

Do we need to incentivise ..yada yada

There is a marketing opportunity that is being missed guys..

cheers

kw

Most of the miners out there have 1000's of computers each.   So 37K works on ypool really implies several hundred individuals.   Also, this forum has only a fraction of the PTS user community.  The Chinese QQ groups have over 2000 members and only a handful of them are on this forum.

Offline krystalwhite

• View Profile
Hi,

think this is off topic..

I mine with ypool and there are currently 37K workers online - some of those will be sub workers from the same person but if you have 3 different mining pools plus solo mining there must be at least 50k miners of PTS out there so why aren't we seeing these on the forum?

Do we need to incentivise ..yada yada

There is a marketing opportunity that is being missed guys..

cheers

kw