Author Topic: Consensus reached on Mumble session regarding BM's "Fix-all" proposal  (Read 18740 times)

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Wow. I am sure glad all 23 of you came to a consensus for the rest of the community.

How about a detailed plot of what is to happen regarding share stake percentages in already snapshot DAC's, how the new DAC's will fit into the ecosystem, what do AGS get, what do PTS get, how will dilution be voted on(since I3 controls a majority stake) and what circumstance will allow dilution, are the other Devs (Toast, Vikram etc.) on board.......

Numbers matter more than hopeful thoughts.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
I will be the first to admit that I am sometimes hard on the guys. When I first read the proposal, my first reaction was a mix of anger,fear and confusion. I jumped on mumble just to talk to community members and vent a bit.

The session started as 5 of us and to say that we were negative would be a understatement. To our surprise Dan and Stan felt came on to do a 2 hour long question and answer. I was nothing short of blown away. Dan's post came from the perspective of a guy that was thinking out loud. He genuinely want to hear from the community about the pros and cons of the thoughts he has been having. The post was really taken out of context. I

Here  are some things to consider

All DAC's that I3 has released would come under one roof
All devs can work as a team and complete projects instead of fracturing their workforce
Super easy to market, You want to invest buy Bitshares
More capital will be made available to DAC's that as just sprouting

I for one heard the word dilution and may have panicked a bit. Not to the point of selling but just a general "if he change this what else will he change kind of feeling". I want every one to know that if you listen to the mumble we hit Stan and Dan with about every question, across the board and I feel even more confident then ever. Everything from marketing, to how will everything work on one chain.

Please give the mumble a listen, what is proposed is a win, win for anyone that has a stake in bitshares or any of its dac's. This opinion is coming from a AGS holder and btsx holder.

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
Download the OGG file from google drive here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B521Uvk7QIpYUlBBQld2b25pTVE/view?usp=sharing

Download the VLC media player here:
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

Open the the OGG file with the VLC player. It works great.

Bytemaster does not show up until minute 24.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
One of the main reasons a unified DAC is so great is that there are many synergies amongst the different DAC functionalities. e.g. the DNS dac can support the bazaar dac, which support the exchange dac. Implementing all three things in the same client will greatly increase user experience and reduce transaction costs and spread.

The Bazaar DAC?

It's just a concept of a future DAC which functionality would be sort of like OB, but where sellers can outsource the running of their store servers to nodes, so they dont have to deal with all the technical stuff unless they want to.

Not sure it will actually become a reality, definitely depends on whether OB takes off like a rocket or not. If it runs into issues, such as lack of user friendliness, then we could launch our own competing system to capture the market.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 11:37:51 pm by Rune »

Offline JoeyD

There is something wrong with that link from my end.. :(

Ok I'm looking into a different encoder, give me a moment to figure this out and upload different versions.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
One of the main reasons a unified DAC is so great is that there are many synergies amongst the different DAC functionalities. e.g. the DNS dac can support the bazaar dac, which support the exchange dac. Implementing all three things in the same client will greatly increase user experience and reduce transaction costs and spread.

The Bazaar DAC?

Offline James212

• View Profile

It is an .OGG file.  You may need to download it.  I know the VCL player will play it. 
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I little history... This thread https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10118.0 ( VOTE DAC Just Got More Interesting 2.0 ) was the proposal that put me personally in 'panic mode' and made me convert 35% of my BTSX holding to bitUSD expecting 'no so bright' future.
Actually the fix all proposal  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10148.0 Proposal to Resolve a Million Issues at Once) was enormously bright news for me, to begin with. I was truly surprised that the second thread drove the market even more down than the initial thread. It turned out a lot of people had misinterpreted the second thread.

The mumble session in question made virtually all of them change their mind and see the great benefits the proposal offers.

So, please, listen to the recording if you have some disagreements with the proposal 'Fix-all'/'Proposal to Resolve a Million Issues at Once'! You will not be sorry and will end up with much better understanding....

[Disclosure:]  AGS Donator post and before Feb28th; By far mainly BTS(X) holder[have about 3x more BTSX now, than the amount received for donating to AGS]. Have not hold PTS for more than a few hours after the AGS period ended. 100% of my crypto is in Bitshares DACs. BTSX, KeyID, NOTE, VOTE

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 11:29:58 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
As a BTSX holder:

Before going in to the mumble session, while I liked the idea of merging all DACs into a singular brand, I was quite scared/confused about what exactly the plan was. BM's writing in the proposal thread was very sparse, and after that he just disappeared completely from the forums. I must admit I kinda panicked, but at least I didn't sell anything at the bottom.

After hearing him and Stan explain everything meticously and with nice analogies to ensure people were able to grasp the main reasons for why merging all DACs into a single DAC is extremely beneficial, I am now more excited than ever for BTS! This is going to be really huge, and these next few months will be absolutely amazing once we can start to get a roadmap up for a unified branding and eventually unified functionality.

Offline James212

• View Profile
Did this session have anybody besides Dan from the core team?

Stan was also there.  It was a very informative session. 

Offline James212

• View Profile
I attended the session. bytemaster clarified all of the concerns that we all had.  there were 23 of us on the call.  After the session every one of us felt positive about the BMs proposal.   My focus was on PTS, and BTSX'. 

Basically, the move will get rid of all the complexity the only causes confusion and marketing challenges (this is a very good thing!).  PTS and AGS will be folded into BTS (AGS and PTS will receive shares in BTS) and DACs will be all "divisions" BTS.  I think of it as BTS being like a parent company.  Additionally the capital infusion will allow the Bitshares ecosystem to far far more efficiently......This is a race to network effect and it is critical we move fast!

The plan is solid. I'm currently a buyer :-)

Everyone should check out the audio session which will be posted here shortly. 

Offline robrigo

I was on board with the proposal before the session, and my position is even more solidified after listening to Dan explain himself for the following reasons:

1) Simplifying the message (consolidation of DACs that make sense to consolidate, rebranding of BTSX to BTS) will tilt possible future users that are "on the fence" about investing or having trouble understanding (non technical users especially). Snapshotting PTS and combining it with AGS into a user issued asset or buying them out and ending them simplifies my BitShares elevator pitch considerably.

2) Passing the delegated capital infusion (better name for dilution discussed on mumble) measure will future proof BitShares DAC by allowing for opportunities that require more capital to be taken advantage of.

3) Network effect will come more rapidly with multiple pronged approach stemming from one DAC.

4) bitUSD isn't split between the DACs that have the biggest chance at network effect (if VOTE is "cannabilized" by BTS). Thus, volume and liquidity will not be split.

5) Hard Fork approval voting allows the DAC to regulate itself, a very necessary tool for coming to a consensus on the implementation of functionality that the community is divided on.

Full disclosure: I hold BTSX, VOTE snapshot, NOTE snapshot + presale.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 11:07:29 pm by robrigo »

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

Offline JoeyD

Recording of the spontaneous AMA with Bytemaster on his proposal and ensuing panic. Different ogg encoder
Flac-version
Mp3
AAC/M4A

Plus the chatlog

Not edited, an edited cleaned up version will probably be uploaded later.

I've posted this first so everyone can get it from the horses mouth. I'll make another post to explain my point of view. Short version I was in complete opposition to the proposal and now see it very differently.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 12:12:12 am by JoeyD »

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.