Author Topic: Do we own bitshares.com?  (Read 5763 times)

Offline kisa

• View Profile
I guess this is upto Dan really, but bytemaster.com is up for grabs yet.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Correct, "we" don't. I do, however 8)

Sweet!

Good job on picking up bitshares.com my man.  You deserve a round of applause by everyone here.  You had the foresight to help a movement early on when your impact would be felt for generations.  The amount of good that you can now accomplish for humanity is mountains higher than that which us mere mortals here can.

Thanks a lot for stopping by.  We need all the help we can get right now.  Everybody is currently working hard to promote this new crypto technology in order to help the poor and unfortunate in the world (and to help the planet achieve ecological stability too).  The amount of impact you are now able to create for humans, animals, and plants everywhere is nothing shy of enormous.

Therefore I think that you could easily command a team of members to help you with your web design.  Right now, you have a decent logo, and that is a great start.  But I see that you are just begining your website masterpiece, so please, feel free to share your vision, and I guarantee that you will have imense suport of community members eager and willinig to help you build your Da Vinci.

Everyone, please take a look at bitshares.com's work in progress, and help him achieve his vision (give him ideas on links, code, etc):

http://bitshares.com/

Good luck man, and let me know if you need any help.

Actually since I see that you dig graphic design, why don't you come over to the AIRDROP PARTY graphic design competition that we are having to celebrate the unification of our strategic direction.  Come meet some cool people who have made artistic renditions of the BitShares brand or Air-Drop Party or whatever graphic artisticness like yourself, then maybe you could link to some of our images that we are having a contest for, and we can link back to your page, etc (you scratch our back, and we'll scratch yours, etc):

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10426.0

Maybe you could enter your logo and win some BTSX (you would have a significant selling point to the judges!)

"it's the bts logo on the dot com baby!" (not a bad angle)  CLains is putting up some pretty stiff competition, however, at the moment.

Anyways, I'm not trying to be critical of your web design, I just want to help, and I'm sure that if you don't like my visions, then there will be someone of the group who will impress you with their artistic skills.  So please stick around and you won't have any shortage of people wanting to collaborate on your Mona Lisa!

Good luck my friend!

BTS to the end!

Please don't take my criticism of your web design personally, most people think my marketing ideas suck:

DA, this is a powerful idea. But

Great initiative. However

I REALLY DON'T sink in on this . Too skeptical .  >:(

i don't like the idea of an airdrop

I don't see why it's suddenly cool

A BIG no for me.

What is the point?

There are pleanty of others here with different ideas than me, and if you search then you will find some that appeal to you, I'm sure that they would be willing and able to help you.  So don't get discouraged, like fuzzy says

Those who do not give up when faced by such constant stress often are some of the strongest people alive...even when they do not know it. 

So, you may be one of the strongest people alive, and I encourage you to try again on your web design.  Don't give up.  Keep the faith.

YOU CAN DO IT!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qztuEucrNBc

You can do it, just like bytemaster:

A lot of discussion on airdrops has been going on recently and I would like to add a new twist. 

Come on baby!

How about a link to bytemaster's new airdrop twist:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q55jWbsBIQ

When Decentralized Application talks I listen.  A great person!

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
BitShares domain should be .org because it's not commercial. +5%
BTSX TipMe: bluebit

Offline testz

How much are you asking for the domain? No pvt message plz

There is no current ask price for this domain. If you are interested in purchasing, make me an offer. You may do so publicly, however I would suggest either PM or email for negotiations.

My email is danielgrover67 @ gmail . com

LOL, I never so domain squatters before, now I know that we have one cute personal squatter, on which we can test BitShares DNS functionality  :)
We have nice domain bitshares.org, anyway BitShares doesn't fit into .com space (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.com)

Offline BitShares.com

• View Profile

There is no current ask price for this domain. If you are interested in purchasing, make me an offer. You may do so publicly, however I would suggest either PM or email for negotiations.

My email is danielgrover67 @ gmail . com

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile

Offline BitShares.com

• View Profile
You seem like a pretty cool guy. Why don't you just join the community? You could make money (at least for now) off bitshares.com by developing it as an educational site explaining what Bitshares is and linking to exchanges. You make money by being an affiliate for those exchanges so when someone buys BTSX (BTS), you get a commission. Everyone wins.

PM me.

PM sent.

Offline jae208

• View Profile
True...

Why sell the cow when you can milk it! lol
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
We love you bitshares.com ! Come join us  8)

In the end you are betting on BitShares by not selling your domain as we are small and struggling, fighting for our very existence. Better than not selling your domain would be to build a BitShares website, direct traffic to it and grow with us.. You could even become a Delegate, earning shares or bitUSD from BitShares directly.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Correct, "we" don't. I do, however 8)

You seem like a pretty cool guy. Why don't you just join the community? You could make money (at least for now) off bitshares.com by developing it as an educational site explaining what Bitshares is and linking to exchanges. You make money by being an affiliate for those exchanges so when someone buys BTSX (BTS), you get a commission. Everyone wins.

PM me.

Offline JA

• View Profile
lol

i own 3 bitshares domains

if i remember correctly bitshares.eu .it and .pl

but i don't need them
Bought them for a "friend" who didn't understand what bitshares is so he just wanted the domains :D

and i was also drunk when i bought them :P

if anyone whats them i sell them for 129 € because thats what i paid
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 06:32:25 am by jabbajabba »

Offline jae208

• View Profile
No one cares about Bitshares.com though. There is no need for Bitshares.com when we have a distributive DNS system that will most certainly replace the status quo.

If DNS DAC is successful, we'll be forking the current ICANN centralization of all TLDs, grandfathering in all currently registered .coms. The internet will never grow out of the .com.

Say "Bitshares.com", then say "Bitshares dot pee to pee".
He tries to hawk it on here regularly. Thusfar, I think he's up to a $13 bid from us. Which has taken him many months.

The last time I posted before today was in May.

I wonder if the guy has checked out the market cap for Bitshares. With a current market cap of nearly $50 million the Bitshares community could have offered the guy at least $1 million dollars if we really wanted it. haha

I am well aware of all the innovation that is happening here and within the BitShares technology. It is truly disruptive, and I have even purchased some myself.

I think the real offers will start rolling in when calling 'BitShares' a community makes as much sense as calling 'Forex Traders' a community.
Yeah its a possibility who knows you might even be able to get much more in the future when and if this whole thing takes off.

Offline BitShares.com

• View Profile
No one cares about Bitshares.com though. There is no need for Bitshares.com when we have a distributive DNS system that will most certainly replace the status quo.

If DNS DAC is successful, we'll be forking the current ICANN centralization of all TLDs, grandfathering in all currently registered .coms. The internet will never grow out of the .com.

Say "Bitshares.com", then say "Bitshares dot pee to pee".
He tries to hawk it on here regularly. Thusfar, I think he's up to a $13 bid from us. Which has taken him many months.

The last time I posted before today was in May.

I wonder if the guy has checked out the market cap for Bitshares. With a current market cap of nearly $50 million the Bitshares community could have offered the guy at least $1 million dollars if we really wanted it. haha

I am well aware of all the innovation that is happening here and within the BitShares technology. It is truly disruptive, and I have even purchased some myself.

I think the real offers will start rolling in when calling 'BitShares' a community makes as much sense as calling 'Forex' a community.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 06:17:01 am by BitShares.com »

Offline jae208

• View Profile

hahahaha wow

Again, as I previously mentioned there is no need for the bitshares.com domain when one of the goals this community is trying to accomplish is creating a distributive DNS system. Which I am 100% certain will be achieved.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile