Author Topic: Question: Once we merge BTSX/PTS/AGS, how are shares of new independent DACs...  (Read 1495 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

It depends on what the new DAC wants...

1) Toolkit, bitusd, technical/marketing support on BTS-chain (partner) :D
2) Toolkit, no-bitusd, technical/marketing separate-chain (client)  :(
3) Toolkit, no-bitusd, no technical/marketing separate-chain (fork/competitor)  >:(

I think...

#1 is something that is created within the new Bitshares.  (A new BTS feature or asset).

#2 is something that you should give 20% to BTS and 80% to Dev.

#3 is... you didnt give 20% to BTS, so you are a competitor, and we are not going to support your attemtp to fork Bitshares and take it for yourself.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Pheonike

It depends on what the new DAC wants...

1) Toolkit, bitusd, technical/marketing support on BTS-chain (partner) :D
2) Toolkit, no-bitusd, technical/marketing separate-chain (client)   :)
3) Toolkit, no-bitusd, no technical/marketing separate-chain (fork/competitor)  >:(
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 12:09:05 am by Pheonike »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
In that case, I propose that we update the social convention to say that the new convention is 20% BTS 80% Dev.

(AGS/PTS holders will get their fair amount, because they got BTS).

Thus, the next time someone comes around and wants to make something like LottoShares, and they want to gain the support of the bitshares community, they would do at least 20% BTS, 80% to Developers. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
I don't think there will be a social contract as such though third parties can sharedrop to BitShares if they like. The benefit to PTS & AGS is they get 10% of an already valuable DAC that will become a SuperDAC

My understanding is BTS will now view most other DACs as competitors. If anyone is doing something good that can be included in BTS, BTS will fork and improve if necessary and add it to their offerings with the BitShares network effect.

So by PTS & AGS getting close to 10% of an already valuable BTS, they're also getting 10% of any really good future DAC features + network effect + the talents of Bytemaster and co on the base development side if DAC Sun etc. wants to release it.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 10:13:39 pm by Empirical1.1 »

sumantso

I asked the same question several times and only got told it will be a superDAC, conveniently forgetting all the 3rd party DACs who would've been using the tlookit and wanted to follow the social contract.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Once we merge BTSX/PTS/AGS, how are shares of new independent DACs allocated?

Currently the social consensus is 10% PTS, 10% AGS, 80% Dev.

BTSX buys out PTS and AGS in this merger, and the three become Bitshares.  PTS and AGS are no more!

Now, is the social consensus 20% Bitshares 80% Dev for new independant DACs?  This seems like it should be the case.

Alternately, if PTS and AGS are still going to exist and be given shares in new DACs, then they need to be given a lower percentage of the Bitshares, compared to what we are giving the BTSX holders.