Author Topic: Proposed Allocation for Merger  (Read 78053 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
DNS gets only 3% unfairly. VOTE didn't had a market cap so it would be hard to argue, but DNS was valued at 200 satoshis minimum and had ~$4M market cap.

But only $10K in liquidity.   

where do you take the $10K figure from? there was at least 50M volume in the drop alone on btc38 (CNY and BTC)

I think he got it from bter volume.

But btc38 is bigger htan bter and had more volume.

$100k worth of liquidity is more accurate than 10k I think.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
I just report summarized version of BM's post on Korean community (outside of this forum). I will bring their feedback when it's available.

Personally, I strongly support the consolidation, but 2 year vesting period appears to be little bit harsh (How about a year?)

You can get liquid in 1 year for half the shares...

And is the idea of this to be a continuous linear vesting, so after 2 days I get (1/365) of the shares?
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline bytemaster

I just report summarized version of BM's post on Korean community (outside of this forum). I will bring their feedback when it's available.

Personally, I strongly support the consolidation, but 2 year vesting period appears to be little bit harsh (How about a year?)

You can get liquid in 1 year for half the shares...
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop

Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
No vesting period on BTSX.

Did BM confirm this?
He just did on the mumble talk ..

BTSX will STILL BE TRADABLE!!!

Great news! Thanks!
delegate-clayop

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Did BM confirm this?
He just did on the mumble talk ..

BTSX will STILL BE TRADABLE!!!

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
2 year vesting period... ie: you can withdraw early for a fraction of your cut.. if you want to sell after 6 months you get 25%... if you wait for a year you get 50%... etc. 

Is the vesting period for btsx, dns, Vote, AGS and PTS?

Did BM confirm this?
delegate-clayop

Offline bobb

• View Profile
DNS gets only 3% unfairly. VOTE didn't had a market cap so it would be hard to argue, but DNS was valued at 200 satoshis minimum and had ~$4M market cap.

But only $10K in liquidity.   

where do you take the $10K figure from? there was at least 50M volume in the drop alone on btc38 (CNY and BTC)

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website

But only $10K in liquidity.   We could have easily sold enough vote to push its price down to a value far lower than it is at today... and we would have done that had we chosen to simply compete rather than buy them out.   Buying out DNS was a gesture of good will that was mainly done because it was 90%+ AGS/PTS snapshot once we remove the developer funds from it.

BM, how close are we to this particular allocation being set in stone? My investment strategy is hanging in the balance.

I don't expect to change it, it is already priced in.

The liquidity premium isn't even close to priced-in; also, DNS is trading significantly above parity with BTSX and PTS is trading a bit below. People are still hedging that you're going to change your mind.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline bytemaster

But only $10K in liquidity.   We could have easily sold enough vote to push its price down to a value far lower than it is at today... and we would have done that had we chosen to simply compete rather than buy them out.   Buying out DNS was a gesture of good will that was mainly done because it was 90%+ AGS/PTS snapshot once we remove the developer funds from it.

BM, how close are we to this particular allocation being set in stone? My investment strategy is hanging in the balance.

I don't expect to change it, it is already priced in.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website

Offline bytemaster

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight

Offline bobb

• View Profile
I invested quite a lot into DNS close to the ATH, I didn't care if it was above avg. price because of what was announced for the DAC,
didn't panic as the discussions started because toast stated clearly in the forum that the invested funds will be preserved.
I know there is a lot on your plate, but this proposal may just have cost me a lot. Although it was stated otherwise earlier on.
You can't announce a DAC, push it to exchanges to start trading, announce coming features and than 'dump it'

Sorry.... I really tried to write this in an a lot more calm way. I know it's just a proposal, but one that hurt me quite a bit already.

Why is the DNS DAC treated differently?  From the BTSX point of view this 'merger' would mean to pick up the DNS DAC as a bargain.
When we try to take a look at it from the DNS DAC perspective it is a hard sell.
A buy out of DNS at below 50% market value? And we are talking about a market value before any decent GUI and full functionality was released.
It would be very unlikely that the sharesholders of a start up in that phase would sell out at that rate, right?

Disclaimer: I am invested in DNS ;) And I don't want to come on too strong as I know this is a proposal.
If you don't agree with my remarks, let me know.  Actually I like the idea of a merger but from  the DNS perspective it does not seem right.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Can my bitUSD be carried over to the new DAC?
From what BM told us in the recent talk ... the current chain will be upgraded .. so there will be more hard forks .. to get in the other stakes .. but the current system will continue running .. AFAIK