Author Topic: Proposed Allocation for Merger  (Read 78058 times)

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile
And AGS has 0 liquidity. :D

This has been said over and over, also as an accusation to the effect that AGS is being gifted liquidity.

First of all, AGS holders never wanted quick liquidity.  That's why they bought AGS.  It was a long term investment to start with.  Otherwise they could have bought PTS.  I don't think AGS holders are thanking their lucky stars now that they have liquidity.  It's more of a liability now.  They will have to watch the markets and manage it, be tempted to sell it, etc. AGS holders probably aren't happy with this sudden liquidity.

Another point is that that AGS was always intended to end up effectively liquid.  Every time a new DAC came out it was becoming more liquid.  Also based on the fact that all along the idea was to build foundation-industry DACs which would then be "snapshoted" in the the future.  With time, AGS was alway supposed to be tending toward complete liquidity.

Wow, what an absurd comment. AGS was never "intended to end up effectively liquid." The fact that you can sell your stake in future DACs does not suddenly make AGS liquid. Nice way to contort reality to fit your objective. AGS was always "locked in" and this is exactly why AGS investors received 6X equity for each dollar they invested. PTS investors paid a 6X premium for their liquidity. Now we are going to shoulder the cost for AGS? Nice bait and switch.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:03:42 pm by alphaBar »

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
To sum it all up, will there be a decrease in our BTSX holdings because of the merge or an increase in the cap from 2B?

Thanks

No change in the number of shares.  There will be more shares.  The value infusion means that when the dust settles the shares you have should be worth more.   Far more.

Here's a concrete answer to try to make up for Stan's weird vague answer:

BTS (the mega-DAC) will have 2.5B shares, and each share of BTSX will entitle you to one share of BTS. So they're essentially adding new shares and giving them to PTS/AGS/DNS/VOTE, but if you're a BTSX holder, your number of shares will stay the same.

What Stan was trying to say is that the whole point of this is to increase the value of BTS, so even though they're increasing the number of shares, each share will be worth more.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
The only people who've lost out in the equity deals are the key talent that drive the underlying development. If this was a centralised venture they'd have much more equity.

I think this point cannot be driven home enough.... FollowMyVote had 30% stake in VOTE and now has 1% stake vesting over 2 years.   I3 had a much larger stake in VOTE than in BTSX and now has a much smaller stake in BTS and Toast had a much larger stake in DNS and now has a small stake in BTS. 

Would the core developers agree to this strategy if they didn't think it would be better for them as a whole?   It was a very hard decision for everyone.

Damn you guys need to learn something about PR. Why wasn't that the very start of the OP?? Why didn't you mention that the dev stakes aren't included in the buyout?? You guys utterly baffle me. You're announcing a huge major buyout of several companies, and you completely botch the announcement, and then you don't even seem to realize how badly you botched it.
You are damn right!!!!!!! +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5%

:( Yes we realize it.

I personally didn't invest in your PR skills. I invested in your vision and I3's capacity to make it happen. Up to now I've been flabbergasted more than once by what you've said here on the forum regarding BTS future and what you work on accomplishing with all your team (before and after the merger proposal).

In time you will be surrounded by a team that will polish every announcements you make before it gets out in the wild. But for now I really like the transparency and honesty you use to communicate with the community. It makes you human and more accessible. Some may be outraged by some "mistake" you might have made in certain announcements and say you lack PR skills, but I personally don't give a damn.

You delivered and will continue to do so. And that's why I pledge several of my future pay checks, which I will happily invest in your vision.

I prefer you have average PR skills than an average vision.

Nobody's perfect.

Some of us loss money because of their PR skills....

Our poor PR skills were well known long before our innovation skills were validated.
Ultimately, it is up to the investor to consider both publicly known factors before investing.

Due diligence is everybody's responsibility.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
To sum it all up, will there be a decrease in our BTSX holdings because of the merge or an increase in the cap from 2B?

Thanks

No change in the number of shares.  There will be more shares.  The value infusion means that when the dust settles the shares you have should be worth more.   Far more.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline zonda

• View Profile

Thanks

Offline spoonman

• View Profile
The only people who've lost out in the equity deals are the key talent that drive the underlying development. If this was a centralised venture they'd have much more equity.

I think this point cannot be driven home enough.... FollowMyVote had 30% stake in VOTE and now has 1% stake vesting over 2 years.   I3 had a much larger stake in VOTE than in BTSX and now has a much smaller stake in BTS and Toast had a much larger stake in DNS and now has a small stake in BTS. 

Would the core developers agree to this strategy if they didn't think it would be better for them as a whole?   It was a very hard decision for everyone.

Damn you guys need to learn something about PR. Why wasn't that the very start of the OP?? Why didn't you mention that the dev stakes aren't included in the buyout?? You guys utterly baffle me. You're announcing a huge major buyout of several companies, and you completely botch the announcement, and then you don't even seem to realize how badly you botched it.

I personally didn't invest in your PR skills. I invested in your vision and I3's capacity to make it happen. Up to now I've been flabbergasted more than once by what you've said here on the forum regarding BTS future and what you work on accomplishing with all your team (before and after the merger proposal).

In time you will be surrounded by a team that will polish every announcements you make before it gets out in the wild. But for now I really like the transparency and honesty you use to communicate with the community. It makes you human and more accessible. Some may be outraged by some "mistake" you might have made in certain announcements and say you lack PR skills, but I personally don't give a damn.

You delivered and will continue to do so. And that's why I pledge several of my future pay checks, which I will happily invest in your vision.

Nobody's perfect.

Some of us loss money because of their PR skills....

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile

Nobody's perfect.

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile

This may be the right time to reorganize your marketing department. It is insane to think that there is one. If you are not getting properly consulted on how to communicate such important, fundamental messages there are very serious flaws in its structure.

Marketing is the process of communicating the value of a product or service to customers, for the purpose of selling that product or service. Another simple definition of "marketing" is "managing profitable customer relationships".

Marketing can be looked at as an organizational function and a set of processes for creating, delivering and communicating value to customers, and customer relationship management that also benefits the organization. Marketing is the science of choosing target markets through market analysis and market segmentation, as well as understanding consumer behavior and providing superior customer value. From a societal point of view, marketing is the link between a society's material requirements and its economic patterns of response. Marketing satisfies these needs and wants through exchange processes and building long term relationships.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marketing

Can you honestly say that the BTS Marketing efforts are effective based on the the above definition?

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile

+5%

Offline fuzzy

<3 BM.  One thing is for certain...many of us never question your motives.  All is not lost. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

I guess you are right.  You have invested in a bunch of world-changing announcement botchers.

My 1998 Ford F150 pickup truck makes a lousy boat.  I don't use it for a boat.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

lzr1900

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline bytemaster

Will BTS be a new block chain or a fork of BTSX?

BTSX renamed...
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.