Author Topic: Theft incident happened on bit-u.com @ DigitalOcean  (Read 27354 times)

Offline bytemaster

Silfax reported misconfigured permission on this forum and helped us get it fixed.  I paid him a small tip for his help which he should divide among you all. 

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
Bytemaster,  please release the IP logs of Silfax's connections to the forum and provide us with his first and last name, skype username, and any other information you have.
Amazon is the one who Admins this site.  I will leave that for him to handle.

Will you tell Amazon to pull those IP logs and post them here?

The other day you said, "I have his Skype contact and know people who know him so do not suspect any intentional fraud."  What is his skype username?  I'm sure the people you know who know him know his first and last name.  What is his first and last name?

TwoKoolFourSkewl, I understand you are upset about what happened to Coingrounds. I personally don't know Silfax and don't know anyone knows him/her. Apparently, the login information is hidden by tor, and you won't find the real IP even with the IP log. 
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline Silfax

• View Profile
TwoKoolFourSkewl, I know you're angry/concerned, maybe more. However I humbly suggest that raging on the chat only makes matters worse.

Obviously I already feel bad about this, and I'm doing all I can. With the state of the company's funds, there's simply not enough to give everyone back 100%, because we got stolen from!

If there's extra at the end (i.e. some people don't withdraw in the next 30 hours or however many are left), then I will try to reimburse you more fully, amongst others.

Offline bytemaster

I'm sure the people you know who know him know his first and last name.  What is his first and last name?

I checked and apparently they do not know this information.  They have only done business with him in the past.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Everything I can grab from the admin interface.

Username: Silfax
Email: contact.silfax@gmail.com
Date Registered: November 08, 2013, 07:16:09
PMIP: 212.83.151.18
Hostname: tor2.chrismail.de
Local Time:November 26, 2013, 12:45:42 AM
Last Active: November 25, 2013, 08:07:56 PM

For the record... In my opinion Silfax has not committed a crime (except perhaps running an unlicensed exchange), but he does owe people for the money he lost.

In the future, you should never give money you cannot afford to lose over to someone whom you do not know their name.   

Offline bytemaster

Offline TwoKoolFourSkewl

• Easy as One, Too, Three...
    • View Profile
    • RippleGiveaway.com
Bytemaster,  please release the IP logs of Silfax's connections to the forum and provide us with his first and last name, skype username, and any other information you have.

Will you tell Amazon to pull those IP logs and post them here?

The other day you said, "I have his Skype contact and know people who know him so do not suspect any intentional fraud."  What is his skype username?  I'm sure the people you know who know him know his first and last name.  What is his first and last name?
RippleGiveaway.com - Home of the Ripple Faucet!

Offline TwoKoolFourSkewl

• View Profile
    • RippleGiveaway.com
My withdraw from Bit-u went through.

I received 61.99715463 pts.  I had 106.88796 pts and 0.0000463 btc.

SILFAX YOU STILL OWE ME 44.89080537 pts and 0.0000463 btc.

My PTS address is PqNMYYkjagWKaxShxpX4ussz7mkmcu7mpN
My BTC address is 1KHzhFDZv7wzc95TCcGEkh4TrCLirbi5z7

I EXPECT TO BE PAID IMMEDIATELY.  IF I'M NOT I WILL FILE CRIMINAL CHARGES AGAINST YOU.

Offline bytemaster

At the going rate of about 0.012 (on cryptsy), with all of the funds that the exchange still has, we can afford to let everyone withdraw 58% of their total balances and orders.

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST STEAL FROM YOUR CUSTOMERS TO PAY FOR YOUR MISTAKES?

IF I DON'T GET 100% OF MY MONEY, I WILL FILE CRIMINAL CHARGES AGAINST YOU!

Offline TwoKoolFourSkewl

• View Profile
    • RippleGiveaway.com
I've submitted for a withdrawal and I'm currently waiting for it. I'll update this when I see my PTS in my wallet.

Good luck with that.  I tried to withdraw from the exchange also but it's not going through.  Everyone is having the same issue with withdrawals not being processed.

I had 106.88796 pts and 0.0000463 btc on his exchange and I expect to receive every last penny.

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
I've submitted for a withdrawal and I'm currently waiting for it. I'll update this when I see my PTS in my wallet.
Edit: I received 9.29 out of about 16 PTS on the exchange, which is ok for me. I would like more if there's any left over, but I understand that some people lost a lot more than me.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 05:02:14 pm by phoenix »
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline TwoKoolFourSkewl

• View Profile
    • RippleGiveaway.com
At the going rate of about 0.012 (on cryptsy), with all of the funds that the exchange still has, we can afford to let everyone withdraw 58% of their total balances and orders.

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST STEAL FROM YOUR CUSTOMERS TO PAY FOR YOUR MISTAKES?

IF I DON'T GET 100% OF MY MONEY, I WILL FILE CRIMINAL CHARGES AGAINST YOU!

Offline marketp2p

• View Profile
OK, I successfully withdrew my PTSs. I thought my BTC balance was a few more higher, but if everybody else's numbers are correct, it's probably because of my poor memory.

I will update the title of this thread to reflect what has happened.

Offline Alcor

• View Profile
So only the BTC got stolen and now the PTS holders will have to pay for the ones who lost their BTC? How's that fair? I only had PTS on this exchange and from what I hear nothing of that was touched, so I expect them all back in my wallet safely.
PpHcHqL1teSumfYHugSvkikzoiowtczyWn

Offline Evan

• View Profile
  • BitShares: evan
My point of view: shit happens, and although this shit probably should not have happened the way it did, well, it's too late now.
Bottom line, I am grateful for Silfax to have had the courage to stay, face all the anger, and deal with the situation as best as he could. I am very glad to at least get back 58% and will not whine for more. Imo this is probably the fairest solution that could be found under these circumstances, and I would not expect Silfax to pay for everyones losses out of his own pocket, if he even can. Most probably Silfax was stressed more by this than anyone else and had serious losses too. Surely everyone learned a lessons from this, and that may well be seen positively.

I agree.  58% was much more than I expected to receive, so I am grateful for what I can receive, given these circumstances.  I'm not angry at Silfax since he did not coerce me to use his exchange, and I never risked on the exchange what I could not afford to lose.  I have no use for pointing fingers or pitchforks.

I successfully withdrew my BTC as PTS at a calculated rate of 0.012000093 BTC per PTS, so Silfax's above formula for withdrawals is accurate.