Author Topic: BitShares Currency Exchange (BSCurEx)  (Read 4376 times)

Offline bytemaster

You receive the dividends continuously and they will accumulate in your wallet with every block. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline fuzzy

Is BSCurEX (mentioned in the white paper) going to launch along with BTS? If not when is it planned, and what will we be able to invest BTS in in the meantime?

Also, once it does launch, wouldn't the best investment just be to rush bitBTC? That way you can ride it to its equilibrium, ride it as it follows BTC (which is appreciating in a fairly predictable manner) AND get BTS dividends?

BitShares has to rise in value to 2x the value of all BitBTC created.    So demand for BitBTC will cause demand for BitShares to rise faster.   If you want to 'play it safe', then BitBTC will give you the capital appreciation of Bitcoin + Dividends but personally, I would Short BitBTC relative to BTS.

Shorting BitBTC means what? Just holding BTS? Doesn't holding uninvested BTS incur penalties?

Also, Is BSCurEX planned to launch along with BTS?

BSCurEx is just another name for the BitShares system.  They are one and the same. 

Shorting BitBTC means you expect the price of BTC to fall relative to BTS.   No penalties for holding BTS.. where did you get that idea?  Holding BTS pays dividends.

This has probably already been covered somewhere, but I've looked a good bit to find it...so here it goes.  What exactly represents the dividends from owning ProtoShares/BitShares?  Are we going to get extra shares as dividends over time?..with the ability to cash them in at any time? 

For instance, I have 20 BTS...I get paid dividends in fractions of BTS each year, and the profit is made (realized) if/when I choose to sell some of them for BitCoin (or some other AltCoin)

Thnx in advance for any well thought-out answers.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline bytemaster

Yes, but you can just move the balance to another location in your own wallet for a small trx fee. 
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline 8bit

• View Profile
Is BSCurEX (mentioned in the white paper) going to launch along with BTS? If not when is it planned, and what will we be able to invest BTS in in the meantime?

Also, once it does launch, wouldn't the best investment just be to rush bitBTC? That way you can ride it to its equilibrium, ride it as it follows BTC (which is appreciating in a fairly predictable manner) AND get BTS dividends?

BitShares has to rise in value to 2x the value of all BitBTC created.    So demand for BitBTC will cause demand for BitShares to rise faster.   If you want to 'play it safe', then BitBTC will give you the capital appreciation of Bitcoin + Dividends but personally, I would Short BitBTC relative to BTS.

Shorting BitBTC means what? Just holding BTS? Doesn't holding uninvested BTS incur penalties?

BSCurEx is just another name for the BitShares system.  They are one and the same. 

Shorting BitBTC means you expect the price of BTC to fall relative to BTS.   No penalties for holding BTS.. where did you get that idea?  Holding BTS pays dividends.

Perhaps I misinterpreted the white paper:

"Another aspect of the BitShare block-chain is that all unspent outputs must be less than one year old.   Outputs that go unspent for more than 1 year forfeit their dividends and are charged a 5% transaction fee to move their output forward in the chain.  Balances below the average transaction fee are forfeited entirely."
Code: [Select]
wallet_approve_delegate eightbitA VOTE FOR EIGHTBIT IS A VOTE FOR CRUDE DICK ART

Offline bytemaster

Offline 8bit

• View Profile

wallet_approve_delegate eightbitA VOTE FOR EIGHTBIT IS A VOTE FOR CRUDE DICK ART

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

But this does not constitute financial advice...   :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Offline 8bit

• View Profile

« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 11:37:44 am by 8bit »