Author Topic: The community needs a professional community management team.  (Read 9960 times)

Offline Rune

• View Profile
What is a professional Community Management Team?  And who are you?

Rune is a respected member.  I do not know if Fuz wants to be a community manager but he is mumble server and Beyond Bitcoin X.

I have already talked with fuz and tbk about this on mumble, however there needs to be a community-wide discussion about it, since it will be stakeholders that choose whether or not they will get hired as delegates.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Rune is a respected member.  I do not know if Fuz wants to be a community manager but he is mumble server and Beyond Bitcoin X.

Offline ticklebiscuit

• View Profile

Offline Rune

• View Profile
To prepare for the influx of new users that will come after the merger and the marketing push, I think it is vital that we begin to organize our community much more efficiently. The key to this will be a more streamlined forum, and a professional team managing both the forum and the mumble server, who can oversee and pay out bounties to developers that work implement it all into a greater frictionless framework that will enable any new user to quickly join the community and instantly connect with existing members and get any help they require, in live chat, forum posts or mumble voice calls.

Similarly, it is also vital we move to create a forum structure that will allow for efficient delegate applications, and allow all developers from the broader altcoin community who wish to integrate with us a very transparent and streamlined platform to put forth their application to the stakeholders.

Currently, as I understand it, bitsapphire and toast are the forum are the administrators of this forum. However, given that they are both developers I think it is a bad allocation of specialized labor to have them wasting their time on moderation and other forum stuff that non-developers can do. I propose we choose to hire as delegates at least 2 members of the community to work as full time community managers, one English and one Chinese. They can set up delegates that can raise funds for the forum and will allow them to work full time organizing and integrating the community, and welcoming any newcomers. They can also function as efficient conduits of information between forum/mumble users and developers, in both the english and chinese community.

Obviously it is us stakeholders who are the ones that decide who should be hired as community managers, so we need to dicuss and reach a consensus on who we are going to elect once paid delegates are implemented, so they can prepare for the work and prepare to learn to set up delegates.

Personally I'd like to nominate Fuzzy as the english community manager, and tbk as the chinese community manager.

My reasoning behind choosing them is simply that they are the ones from the english and chinese community, respectively, that I trust the most. I recognize there are also other contributors who would be very much worthy of these positions, but even if they are not chosen it is important to remember that fuzzy, for instance, would be able to raise funds for bounties to pay to everyone he believes are helping. What is most important is that we can trust the community manager to manage their funds responsibly, as we can then trust them with a relatively large amount of money to leverage across the community and fund things such as professional, around-the-clock translations done by those in the community who have already proven themselves by doing it for free before.

I imagine we could aim to pay them something like 10-15k USD per month here in the beginning, but we should also have a discussion about what is fair in this regard, and how much of the funds they can take for themselves, and how much should be spent on paying out bounties.