Author Topic: KeyID end-of-live. What happens to the KeyID accounts?  (Read 12234 times)

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
I'd like to put the key graph onto BTS. There you will have a "keyID" but they will not be actual accounts, just named keys. I could import names from keyID at the snapshot date.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

When  the same BTSx id&KeyID  belongs to different people,maybe  it wil be some confusion or misunderstanding

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
However, you will only be able to withdraw all of you money over a 2 year vesting period ...  i.e. every day you can withdraw a 1/(365*2)-th of you funds!! Keep that in mind ..

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Yes

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

MessyCoin

The snapshot for DNS->BTS is november 5th.

So, my PTS will be eligible to claim exactly the same amount of BTS as I would be able to claim if I converted PTS->DNS before Nov 5th?

I can forget about claiming DNS before Nov 5th and get the same amount of BTS using my PTS, yes?

Offline toast

• View Profile
Although, come to think of it I'm still a little confused. DNS is still being traded at Bter. Are these just people speculating that DNS will continue post merger, or will newly acquired DNS be eligible for BTS also. Does the DNS snapshot remain the same as it always was (2014-08-01)? Wouldn't it be advantageous for me to claim the DNS and sell them, then claim the BTS with the PTS?

Apologies that I'm not entirely understanding where everything stands in this situation.

Thanks.

The snapshot for DNS->BTS is november 5th.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

MessyCoin

Although, come to think of it I'm still a little confused. DNS is still being traded at Bter. Are these just people speculating that DNS will continue post merger, or will newly acquired DNS be eligible for BTS also. Does the DNS snapshot remain the same as it always was (2014-08-01)? Wouldn't it be advantageous for me to claim the DNS and sell them, then claim the BTS with the PTS?

Apologies that I'm not entirely understanding where everything stands in this situation.

Thanks.

MessyCoin

Doesn't matter, your PTS keys will claim the BTS from the DNS snapshot

Thanks very much for such a quick response.

Offline toast

• View Profile
Looking for advice please...

I have PTS held during the DNS snapshot but have not claimed any DNS yet.

Should I claim the DNS NOW so that I will later be able to import them into BTS?

Thanks for any assistance.

Doesn't matter, your PTS keys will claim the BTS from the DNS snapshot

MessyCoin

Looking for advice please...

I have PTS held during the DNS snapshot but have not claimed any DNS yet.

Should I claim the DNS now so that I will later be able to import them into BTS?

Thanks for any assistance.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 03:04:36 am by MessyCoin »

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
This clears up.

I suppose a BTS account can claim from multiple owned ex-keyid accounts?

For PTS/AGS:
you will need to import private keys that held funds during snapshot into a regular account .. as it was done in BTSX originally .. nothing special

For DNS:
you will probably need to import all your *account* keys as *account* keys in BTS as well to redeem the funds .. importing as it was done in PTS will not work due to TITAN.

1) export you account priv key from DNS with "wallet_dump_private_keys accountname"
2) import into BTS while also creating a temporary local account:
   wallet_import_private_key KEY localaccontnameFoobar true

The latter "true" is important here as it creates a new local account with with the corresponding private/pub key as ACCOUNT key! Thus allowing access to TITAN funds :)

Maybe the devs come up with something much simpler as "importing the DNS backup file" ... or so

Thanks for the explanation.  As suggested, I hope the simpler way would be available. 
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
This clears up.

For PTS/AGS:
you will need to import private keys that held funds during snapshot into a regular account .. as it was done in BTSX originally .. nothing special

For DNS:
you will probably need to import all your *account* keys as *account* keys in BTS as well to redeem the funds .. importing as it was done in PTS will not work due to TITAN.

1) export you account priv key from DNS with "wallet_dump_private_keys accountname"
2) import into BTS while also creating a temporary local account:
   wallet_import_private_key KEY localaccontnameFoobar true

The latter "true" is important here as it creates a new local account with with the corresponding private/pub key as ACCOUNT key! Thus allowing access to TITAN funds :)

Maybe the devs come up with something much simpler as "importing the DNS backup file" ... or so

Offline cube

• View Profile
There will be no merge. Only an airdrop wich results in a greater overall supply for BTS(X).
You will be able to claim your stake but I do not believe you can import your DNS accountnames.
I think so too ..
This will require some certain steps to redeem your airdropped funds ... and we should probably come up with an ELI5 tutorial on how to redeem them ..

This clears up.

Offline cube

• View Profile
I'd like to put the key graph onto BTS. There you will have a "keyID" but they will not be actual accounts, just named keys. I could import names from keyID at the snapshot date.

That would be nice.  +5%

Offline toast

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
There will be no merge. Only an airdrop wich results in a greater overall supply for BTS(X).
You will be able to claim your stake but I do not believe you can import your DNS accountnames.
I think so too ..
This will require some certain steps to redeem your airdropped funds ... and we should probably come up with an ELI5 tutorial on how to redeem them ..