Author Topic: Four new delegates just appeared in the TOP10  (Read 6407 times)

Offline svk

I take that back, I did vote for them because they had upgraded their clients while others had not.

Yea I figured that was why. A lot of those new delegates aren't publishing feeds though, will you do another voting pass for the upcoming hard fork to promote delegates that will publish feeds? I'll be ready for that one I promise! :)
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Are shares you have on an exchange really yours? You've effectively traded your shares for bterBTSX or bterBITUSER. We are hopeful that they'll sell us back our shares for their exchange tokens at 1:1 when we want to transfer shares back to our account.

So that's the question then: What ownership do you have of shares you've exchanged for a centralized exchange's tokens?

Clear statement of this happening is good enough for me. I have not seen this statement (of me exchanging my BTSX or BTC for their tokens) neither.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Riverhead

Are shares you have on an exchange really yours? You've effectively traded your shares for bterBTSX or bterBITUSER. We are hopeful that they'll sell us back our shares for their exchange tokens at 1:1 when we want to transfer shares back to our account.

So that's the question then: What ownership do you have of shares you've exchanged for a centralized exchange's tokens?

Offline bytemaster

I take that back, I did vote for them because they had upgraded their clients while others had not.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Exchanges should be careful and more transparent if they are voting. We know from their forum participation here that they are bright people who know what they are doing. But all their BTSX funds ultimately belong to US, i.e. everyone holding BTSX there, so if people start to disagree with what they are doing, they will simply withdraw their funds.

Yes I agree with you and xeroc!

If somebody is voting with your stake the least you can ask is to be INFORMED!
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Exchanges should be careful and more transparent if they are voting. We know from their forum participation here that they are bright people who know what they are doing. But all their BTSX funds ultimately belong to US, i.e. everyone holding BTSX there, so if people start to disagree with what they are doing, they will simply withdraw their funds.

Offline svk

It seems that a large stakeholder (probably a set of several stakeholders) decided to put some delegates in the active list

That party seems to have access to roughly 15% of the BTSX stake.

I'd kindly ask for the new delegates to introduce themselves!
Further, I'd recommend to publish feeds for the assets also!

Personally, I hope this is not one of the major exchanges as (IMHO) they are not supposed to vote for anybody using costumers funds!

About your question of whether exchanges are voting, I believe the answer is yes. They definitely have approved several delegates, but I can't say whether they are actively voting, though I suspect yes. Here's an example of a transfer from BTER to my account that shows 11 delegates have been chosen:

http://bitsharesblocks.com/blocks/block?id=602596

Offline svk

Edited my first post with block info.

Those delegates also have a lot of votes from other sources taking their total to 15%, but a major part of that is from I3.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
It seems that a large stakeholder (probably a set of several stakeholders) decided to put some delegates in the active list

Personally, I hope this is not one of the major exchanges as (IMHO) they are not supposed to vote for anybody using costumers funds!

I suspect they were voted in by III as that coincided with voting out other delegates.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 01:17:55 pm by emski »

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline svk

Pretty sure they were voted in by BM last week with the release of 0.4.21.

Edit with info:

I got voted out here because I wasn't upgraded in time:

http://bitsharesblocks.com/blocks/block?id=820033

Those delegates got voted in here:

http://bitsharesblocks.com/blocks/block?id=820049

Pretty obvious it's the same stakeholder (ie. BM)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 01:04:26 pm by svk »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc