Author Topic: Automatic algorithmically delegated voting, delegates and smart contracts  (Read 1367 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Let me try to simplify it into core concept points.

1) Algorithmic hiring via smart contracts: This means the shareholders define a "policy" and this "policy" has an objective which must be met in order for an entity matching the "attributes" to receive the "automatic votes" to be made a delegate.

2) Attributes: This includes the criteria that the policy is looking for. So if the criteria is referrals as part of a marketing smart contract then the contract will only say the attributes are met when and if they surpass a certain amount of referrals to win the votes as a reward.

3) Hired: This is what occurs whenever the attributes are reached and the terms of the contract are met. This means any random person could refer a bunch of people and the moment they pass the threshold within a specific time period (or unlimited time period) then they are approved by the contract. Once this happens the contract gives them all the automatic votes necessary to make them into a delegate.

I hope these concept points are enough to make it understood what I mean. The result of these ideas should be a system where we give out votes to smart contracts instead of delegates. The smart contracts would then give out votes to whichever delegates match our criteria and automatically fire those delegates by removing votes when they don't meet the terms of the contract.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:48:55 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
If anyone can become a delegate, and if we have automatic voting, smart contracts, etc, built in, could we use something like Ciphertext-Policy Attribute-Based Encryption or maybe something else where a proposal is presented with a "hire" or "don't hire" choice? If voters choose to hire then could the smart contract automatically hire whomever fits the attributes that the smart contract is looking for?

All of the votes would be given to the smart contract itself and then the smart contract would handle the rest. The smart contract would automatically vote on shareholders behalf whenever someone who matching the attributes defined in the smart contract comes forward to accept the contract. The smart contract would then use human attention to check the work of the employee before payment is confirmed?

I may not be good at always explaining the ideas I put on this forum but if anyone else can get what I'm trying to say and clarify that would be helpful. Essentially it should be hiring and firing by algorithmic processes where votes are given to the smart contract which hires based around criteria the shareholders want. So if we want referral contracts then anyone who meets the criteria of the smart contract who can be proven to have referred unique users to Bitshares can be made into a delegate based on how many members they bring in.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:45:48 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads