Author Topic: Is Bitshares Music's Notes Pre-Sale pro-rata valuation fair?  (Read 1637 times)

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
This is just one of the oddities of the AGS-style auction. The most risk-averse way to invest is to donate some equal amount every day. If you're donating 1 BTC, send in 0.1 per day for 10 days.

If you're a small investor there's just not much else you can do. If you're a whale I guess you could donate a large amount in the morning hoping to scare everybody else off for that day, but even that is fairly risky.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline particlewave

• View Profile
Could there a problem in the use of pro-rata valuation of Notes acquisition?
Let's say someone chooses to acquire 5 BTC worth of Notes a day for 20 or so consecutive days. And 5 BTC represents the highest on each of those days (with the next highest being around 1.5 or 2 BTC).  If you throw out the highest and lowest on any one of those days, then the percent difference can be as high as 40+ percent, based on the angelshares explorer charts.  Everyone else's Notes value would get substantially diluted by just one person.  I'm not a statistician, so would somebody please verify my assessment.  Actually there IS someone acquiring a relatively large number of Notes every day.  I want to acquire some Notes, but I don't want my Notes value diluted by one whale buying daily.  Anyone wanting 1 BTC or less of Notes may be hesitant to get them.  Also, the donation list of agsexplorer.com doesn't seem to update on my Firefox browser unless I leave the page and return to it.  Is anyone else experiencing this behavior?