Author Topic: Proposed UIA changes for mid-November upgrade  (Read 1346 times)

Offline vikram

The linked change fixes the price:
  • Assets with symbols of 6, 7, or 8 characters cost 500 BTS to register
  • Assets with symbols of 3, 4, or 5 characters cost 500,000 BTS to register

Obviously not ideal, but potentially good enough. bytemaster picked this formula--I would contact him directly to have him post the motivation here because he may not see this post otherwise.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
yet another interesting experiment ...

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
Really? Another price feed for delegates to update? We already have a price feed for BitUSD. Just use a fixed reasonable number priced in BitUSD and dynamically convert it into a BTS amount using the BitUSD price feed.

You could even make regular transaction fees priced in BitUSD as well.

Offline theoretical

The OP was originally an update to my proposal in https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10597.0 but immediately after I posted it, I noticed the Github ticket was closed.  I didn't want to confuse anyone by posting a list of rules different from what we actually implemented, so I deleted my proposal from the OP and changed it to ask about the contents of the ticket.  Sorry if I confused anyone.
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline theoretical

EDIT:  Could we get a comment from bytemaster or vikram on the UIA changes implemented for https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues/826 ?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 08:29:09 pm by drltc »
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk