Author Topic: BitShares source code?  (Read 4355 times)

Offline BTSInvestor

• View Profile
Just download the Bitshares source code from Github, would like to take a look, any one can tell how can i import the source code to the VS2010, any guide for reference? thanks in advance.

Offline hasher

• View Profile
I guess my question was more on the lines of, is that functionality implemented or still being worked on?

Development Schedule:
1) broadcast / peer discovery (tested via Keyhotee messaging)
2) wallet / identity  (tested via Keyhotee ID)
3) BitShares Test Network
4) wallet import from ProtoShares
5) BitShares Proper

Bytemaster, im curious, you mentioned in white paper that Ripple system is not trustless and not opensource, so it not competitor to Bitshares, but now ripple is open, so bitshares have only one competitive advantage - its anonimity for users?
And seems like Bitshares source code is open during development, dont you afraidthat it can be copied by newly comers like NXT?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 05:19:08 pm by hasher »

Offline apple

• View Profile

Offline devilfish

• View Profile
BTC: 1MqCxQ2qD7ZuS3ELFY43wfaBTbA2XkYwDP
PTS: PiuFEJHz6zScALgPWzcu2SDKtWJW4cnUFi
XPM: Af5qzgsEwWaHZdGUq8dUoHkhmH4XBmnGW9

Offline bytemaster

I guess my question was more on the lines of, is that functionality implemented or still being worked on?

Development Schedule:
1) broadcast / peer discovery (tested via Keyhotee messaging)
2) wallet / identity  (tested via Keyhotee ID)
3) BitShares Test Network
4) wallet import from ProtoShares
5) BitShares Proper
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline devilfish

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

Will it just credit straight up what is in the users wallet at the time of syncing with BitShares or does it perform the snapshot feature (i.e. gives only the number of pts held at a given time)?

We will announce in advance the block of PTS at which point a snapshot will occur.   You will then import your private keys from ProtoShares into your BitShares wallet (Keyhotee) and be able to spend the balance made available to you in the genesis block.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline devilfish

• View Profile
Will it just credit straight up what is in the users wallet at the time of syncing with BitShares or does it perform the snapshot feature (i.e. gives only the number of pts held at a given time)?

Offline bytemaster

Had a flick through it last night to see anything to credit pts wallet.dat but not there yet unless it's on someone's PC yet to be committed. I'm hoping to solve this problem before the launch of keyhotee

We had someone put together a script that would pull the balances from the PTS block chain, but have not implemented that part of the code yet.   

Offline devilfish

• View Profile
Had a flick through it last night to see anything to credit pts wallet.dat but not there yet unless it's on someone's PC yet to be committed. I'm hoping to solve this problem before the launch of keyhotee

Offline Pocket Sand

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline 8bit

• View Profile
Is the source code available anywhere? I found a github page, but it doesn't look like there's been a commit in over a month.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the new one: https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/BitShares
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 10:09:11 am by 8bit »
Code: [Select]
wallet_approve_delegate eightbitA VOTE FOR EIGHTBIT IS A VOTE FOR CRUDE DICK ART