Author Topic: Colored Coins / Mastercoin / ProtoShares / BitShares  (Read 8608 times)

Offline fuzzy

Thanks for the explanations!
So from what I read here BitShares - or even better: ProtoShares - would be the first choice because of the idea of the DACs behind it. Which to me seems like a huge potential the others don't (seem to) have.

Allow me to say that from what it looks (optically) at the moment (= the websites), Invictus / ProtoShare / Bitshare (tradebitshares.com - holy moses, remove those "motivational" pictures!) is "a little" behind of for example Mastercoin and other competitors. But I see theres a bounty already for creating good looks to back the good concept. And I think that will be one of the most important parts!
If I would just get a first impression of the Invictus / ProtoShare thing optically from the websites I would just think "BETA!" or "not trustworthy" or something like that. But for the whole thing to be successful you have to get lots of people to support the concept.
Also I don't really "like" the idea of a company behind all this. Companies are evil, companies want to make money, maybe by using me. - So it should be clearly stated that all of this is open, free for all, community driven and not dependent on a company (name) nobody has ever heard of.
These are my first thoughts so far.  Still appreciate more information of course.

I agree about the website pics...they look, well a bit cheesy.  My Mom and Dad will need me to get them ProtoShares...the portal should be more tinted in the direction of the gamer generation--grown up. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

We are developing the new website now with help from this very forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank the good lord almighty ;)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Beetle559

• View Profile
It's unfortunate that this is so important. I do believe Bitshares and Keyhotee are good enough to sell themselves in the long run, like bitcoin has but the sooner the better.

Offline bytemaster

We are developing the new website now with help from this very forum

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
I was quite skeptical of bitshares initially, but having looked at Mastercoin, I prefer Bitshares, the team behind it and the way you've gone about including the community more.

I have to echo what Gekko has said though, the marketing is super important in terms of inspiring confidence at these early stages. Look at Megacoin, they are an example of being a clone but with a good website and wallet and yet I'm confident they can take the no.3 market cap spot for the interim meanwhile PTS which is the most groundbreaking and profit+, may struggle to stay in the top 10 till bitshares is released.

All you need is a bitshares website that animates that graphic you have of the bitshares icon with the currencies in a circle around it. If you make it 3D and have the currencies turning in a circle, and have them grow bigger when your mouse hovers over them is an idea.
Also succinctly  explaining the bitshares concept on the front page in 1 inspiring sentence.

I appreciate that you guys are some if the best technical guys out there and the marketing is rightly 'fluff' compared to developing bitshares. But in terms of maximising the PTS development budget and inspiring confidence that there is a team that's on the ball and behind this, a sexy website will quintuple the short term valuation which will keep you in the top 10 market caps till launch which is advertising enough for the thousands of people that are looking to invest in the next development phase of this technology. Just my 2cents. (Think of your fav products - they can't wrap them in no name white packaging - as superficial as it is, the branding is key.)

(PS. Please announce if you're going to release a new website so I can buy more PTS b4 it comes online :) )

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Keyhotee us the wallet for bitshares and also tests the broadcast infrastructure.
I hope Keyhotee will be "one wallet for bitshares", not "the". Only complete openness and diversity makes (should make) things successful!
You don't have to rely on Keyhotee to use bitshares, do you?

The name chain also tests parts of bitshares.
Ok for me.

We are working on as much in parallel as possible.
I believe you - though I'm not convinced it's the right way (to do it all at once).

Nothing we do remains closed, exclusive or centralized.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Gekko

• Lunch is for wimps........ Greed is good.
    • View Profile
Keyhotee us the wallet for bitshares and also tests the broadcast infrastructure.
I hope Keyhotee will be "one wallet for bitshares", not "the". Only complete openness and diversity makes (should make) things successful!
You don't have to rely on Keyhotee to use bitshares, do you?

Ok for me.

I believe you - though I'm not convinced it's the right way (to do it all at once).

Offline bytemaster

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
I think we may need to clarify one question: Why we need a Keyhotee before Bitshares?

Is Keyhotee underestimated, because from the view of mine, its only a system/application of name and reputations. Is it created for the purpose of user friendly or to test some ideas before release of Bitshares to make the progress more stable?

Keyhotee is great, but it seems to be a little special(even not like a DAC), why it is the first one after Protoshares?

What's the relationship between Keyhotee and Bitshares, is it the wallet/user interface of bitshares, or even invictus-DACs?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 01:40:01 pm by HackFisher »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Gekko

• View Profile
Sounds good.
I hope you put most of your effort into BitShares and the DAC-"Framework" first, not so much into the other "applications" (like Keyhotee) - YET.
I think Keyhotee could be a good thing, but DACs and BitShares seem HUGE to me, directly compared.
I also think it's important to get something usable out to the public FAST (and ideally stable).
If the "Framework" is there and the ball gets rolling - you will have enough time to create every DAC you can imagine after that.
That's just my point of view and of course you could say "we have to demonstrate what DACs can do" and that DAC is not just "BitShares". But - again - I think BitShares potential is bigger than Bitcoin. Keyhotee could be as big, but I don't think splitting manpower at this point in time would be too good. First things first.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
If everything Invictus does/creates is open and free for all - how is Invictus planning to earn money? Just by acquiring enough ProtoShares now - like everybody else does?
Or by creating DACs - like I think BitShares would be? (Would you earn more with BitShares than the "normal" user would in the future? (Why?))
It sounds a little unbelievable that there's a company who creates innovative tools for everybody to freely use and just expects to make profit by doing what everybody else is going to do with its inventions.
Maybe the whole thing still is not clear enough for me. Bitcoin is easier to understand! :)

We are investors in this new industry just like anyone else.  Our biggest advantage is that we trust ourselves and therefore have the confidence to act while others are trying to decide whether to trust us or not. We expect to earn capital appreciation and dividend income from the DAC shares we manage to own.

Ultimately we see ourselves as DAC venture capitalists on a mission.  Right now we are simply buying while others are waiting and watching to see what happens  ...and that should make all the difference.   :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Gekko

• View Profile
If everything Invictus does/creates is open and free for all - how is Invictus planning to earn money? Just by acquiring enough ProtoShares now - like everybody else does?
Or by creating DACs - like I think BitShares would be? (Would you earn more with BitShares than the "normal" user would in the future? (Why?))
It sounds a little unbelievable that there's a company who creates innovative tools for everybody to freely use and just expects to make profit by doing what everybody else is going to do with its inventions.
Maybe the whole thing still is not clear enough for me. Bitcoin is easier to understand! :)

Offline bytemaster

Philosophically I am also against companies as they are a creature created by government.   Unfortunately, accepting investor dollars, hiring help, and other things without a company is a lot more difficult.   Furthermore, to the extent that a company can provide legal cover it can be helpful. 

I think you have to be very careful when you view companies as 'evil' for seeking a profit because profit is what motivates every human action.   A company is really just a collection of people working together.   Invictus Innovations is different from almost every other company because we have done everything in the open, don't believe in intellectual property or patents, and favor competition.   We care more about getting working solutions out there than about retaining 'control' over everything.   

For us 'control' is a liability to be decentralized as rapidly as possible.   

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
So from what I read here BitShares - or even better: ProtoShares - would be the first choice because of the idea of the DACs behind it. Which to me seems like a huge potential the others don't (seem to) have.

Allow me to say that from what it looks (optically) at the moment (= the websites), Invictus / ProtoShare / Bitshare (tradebitshares.com - holy moses, remove those "motivational" pictures!) is "a little" behind of for example Mastercoin and other competitors. But I see theres a bounty already for creating good looks to back the good concept. And I think that will be one of the most important parts!
If I would just get a first impression of the Invictus / ProtoShare thing optically from the websites I would just think "BETA!" or "not trustworthy" or something like that. But for the whole thing to be successful you have to get lots of people to support the concept.
Also I don't really "like" the idea of a company behind all this. Companies are evil, companies want to make money, maybe be using me. - So it should be clearly stated that all of this is open, free for all, community driven and not dependent on a company (name) nobody has ever heard of.
These are my first thoughts so far.  Still appreciate more information of course.

Agreed, I cannot find the ideas behind easily from Invictus website, before I read through some great articles.

And I don't like the word of "Company" too, DAC community/Foundation is much better than that. But never mind, I still support you guys, looking forward.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Gekko

• View Profile

Also I don't really "like" the idea of a company behind all this. Companies are evil, companies want to make money, maybe by using me. - So it should be clearly stated that all of this is open, free for all, community driven and not dependent on a company (name) nobody has ever heard of.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 11:57:30 am by Gekko »