Author Topic: Updates. securing funds + march event  (Read 6803 times)

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
We are right in the middle of an 8 day dev meetup.

This project has been narrowed down and prioritized. All I can say right now in a few sentences before we get back to work is that: THIS WILL BE HUGE.

We have stumbled upon many problems in the music industry that can be solved thru blockchain technology. This means the project could be HUGE. We are coming up with a logical step by step, prioritized MVP.

We still have a couple of days to work everything out.

Expect a massive update near the end of the pre-sale.

This will affect the timing or the DAC vs proto-DAC dates and all.

Any news on that?
I don't want to appear impatient but we are pretty much left in the dark regarding what is going on behind the scenes.
Would very much appreciate more frequent updates, as it would undoubtedly raise investor confidence.

Hey Frodo.

Yeah sorry about that, here is the issue we have.

We actually have a nice wireframe and have been doing some UI user testing. The thing is, we can't show it publicly. We can't even divulge the parts that will make PeerTracks have an unfair advantage over the competition.

This space is filled with BIG competitors. We aren't trying to compete with Coinbase here. Coinbase is huge in the crypto world. But Apple, Youtube... those are BEHEMOTHS!
They can easily just take what we come up with and build it themselves. We want to have our platform 95% done before we really divulge any info.

Our goal is to get users to adopt it since we are the only one doing this. By the time the competition catches up, we want to have the community already used to using our service.

The community is what makes a platform valuable. The tech can be replicated and copied for very cheap (relatively speaking. For google, it definitely is)

For this reason, we have been much less transparent then the rest of the crypto projects out there. But remember that our blockchain's value will depend greatly on the centralized company to bootstrap it in the early stages. If that company does not attract users and artists, the blockchain won't have what it needs to really take off.

So I hope this helps a bit. PeerTracks is a traditional corporation.. a tiny fish thrown into a pool of sharks. We want to grow into a bigger fish before we come out of hiding.

Sorry for the crappy analogy ^^

Thank you cob for the insight,  I appreciate it.
I understand, that PeerTracks has to work under a different paradigm than fully decentralized projects. I guess I  am just not used to it and applying the wrong metrics here. None the less fast replies like this are always a good sign.  +5%
Can't wait to see what you guys come up with. I'm sure it's gonna be awesome  8)

Check out the BitShares newsletter, which should be available in the next few days. I've seen a draft, including Cob's material, and it's awesome!!!

Definitely looking forward to that.

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb

This project has been narrowed down and prioritized. All I can say right now in a few sentences before we get back to work is that: THIS WILL BE HUGE.

We have stumbled upon many problems in the music industry that can be solved thru blockchain technology. This means the project could be HUGE. We are coming up with a logical step by step, prioritized MVP.

Any news on that?
I don't want to appear impatient but we are pretty much left in the dark regarding what is going on behind the scenes.
Would very much appreciate more frequent updates, as it would undoubtedly raise investor confidence.

Hey Frodo.

Yeah sorry about that, here is the issue we have.

We actually have a nice wireframe and have been doing some UI user testing. The thing is, we can't show it publicly. We can't even divulge the parts that will make PeerTracks have an unfair advantage over the competition.

This space is filled with BIG competitors. We aren't trying to compete with Coinbase here. Coinbase is huge in the crypto world. But Apple, Youtube... those are BEHEMOTHS!
They can easily just take what we come up with and build it themselves. We want to have our platform 95% done before we really divulge any info.

Our goal is to get users to adopt it since we are the only one doing this. By the time the competition catches up, we want to have the community already used to using our service.

The community is what makes a platform valuable. The tech can be replicated and copied for very cheap (relatively speaking. For google, it definitely is)

For this reason, we have been much less transparent then the rest of the crypto projects out there. But remember that our blockchain's value will depend greatly on the centralized company to bootstrap it in the early stages. If that company does not attract users and artists, the blockchain won't have what it needs to really take off.

So I hope this helps a bit. PeerTracks is a traditional corporation.. a tiny fish thrown into a pool of sharks. We want to grow into a bigger fish before we come out of hiding.

Sorry for the crappy analogy ^^
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 06:20:35 pm by cob »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Any news on that?

Check out the BitShares newsletter, which should be available in the next few days. I've seen a draft, including Cob's material, and it's awesome!!!

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo

Any news on that?

Offline Vizzini

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vizzini
Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

Offline oco101

• View Profile

+1

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline kuwaitee

• View Profile
When we can start the trading the Music note ??? :) :)

After presale (December) ?? or After march event ??
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 11:19:38 am by kuwaitee »

Offline House

• CEO BTCOR Group
    • View Profile
    • BTCOR
  • BitShares: house-ceo
Excellent news. +5%
Surely we can begin generating some fun artistic promotional activities to ride the wave? . March is a lifetime away in crypto space  ;)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline kuwaitee

• View Profile
Are we going to have proto-dac to trade and build up delegate infrastructure?

Good idea for Pre-sale investor !!!!!!

Offline mtang

• BTSX id:mtang
    • View Profile
Great.
Hope for more details
BTSX:wallet_approve_delegate btsx.outofcontrol true
DNS :wallet_account_set_approval mtang true
感谢给我们的受托人团队“失控”btsx.outofcontro以及she.bitrose投票。请关注FUND数字资产运作计划//立足兢兢业业的standby delegate//weibo ID:汤O包