Author Topic: Hmmm Sam Altman.... Now what does this remind me of?  (Read 864 times)

Offline pseudoscops

http://blog.samaltman.com/why-silicon-valley-works

From the article, Sam Altman says:
One question I get asked a lot is how to replicate the success of Silicon Valley elsewhere. Most people realise that the world of start-ups benefits tremendously from network effects, and think it sounds impossible to replicate the necessary density anywhere else. But my experience suggests it’s probably doable with a few thousand people and a reasonable amount of capital.

I think you need two other things: an area where the majority of people care most about start-ups and technology, and a focus on long-term compensation.

When one of the most influential guys in tech talks like this it makes me very optimistic about BitShares and the future. The difficult decisions made by the core team make a lot of sense in light of the wisdom contained in Sam's article. We probably haven't got the few thousand makers and doers that we need quite yet but I reckon it won't be long before we do  :D

It's made me think a little about what part I might play in helping BitShares grow. I've decided that I need to stop spending so much time here on the forum and start putting some effort in to something of real value that will help to grow the BitShares network. I've been kicking a few ideas around lately. Perhaps another marketing delegate would be a good thing?

I got some skillz  8)