Author Topic: bitStash Hardware Wallet  (Read 4543 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Short Update: I've contacted Alena from BitcoinTrezor (Satoshilabs) *Hardware Wallet* and i'll try to meet them,
Alena & Stick on CCC event in Hamburg (27.12 - 30.12) in two weeks ...

They are open to BitShares and our ideas about a BitShares Trezor..
but we've have to provide firmware for hardware wallets...

Stay tuned! They are on vacation now ... and hopefully on start of january Stick and Toast will discuss  this more in detail ...

Quote conversation with Alena
I've had a brief talk with my dev guys and they think you need to do a completely separate firmware for Trezor since Bitshares are not working as BTC. In any case, we can do OEM devices with your own brand during next year. Try to focus on the firmware implementation. Stick, my partner, will be in Hamburg too so you can discuss programming details with him.

dunno if i should revive this thread, but apparently that is what someone did for Darkcoin https://darkcointalk.org/threads/trezor-for-darkcoin.4162/

yup so it works. If anybody would be able to get this work for BitShares, this would be indeed great!
Honestly i don't if somebody is continuing this project here currently...

Good find thx!

No problem. Maybe the guy with the hardware wallets project should look into this
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Short Update: I've contacted Alena from BitcoinTrezor (Satoshilabs) *Hardware Wallet* and i'll try to meet them,

Stay tuned! They are on vacation now ... and hopefully on start of january Stick and Toast will discuss  this more in detail ...

I've had a brief talk with my dev guys and they think you need to do a completely separate firmware for Trezor since Bitshares are not working as BTC. In any case, we can do OEM devices with your own brand during next year. Try to focus on the firmware implementation. Stick, my partner, will be in Hamburg too so you can discuss programming details with him.

dunno if i should revive this thread, but apparently that is what someone did for Darkcoin https://darkcointalk.org/threads/trezor-for-darkcoin.4162/

yup so it works. If anybody would be able to get this work for BitShares, this would be indeed great!
Honestly i don't if somebody is continuing this project here currently...

Good find thx!

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline spartako

• View Profile

Excellent!

I have my trezor empty and I need a Bitshares one ;)
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I think we should make a list of all current BTS holders who would instantly place an order for a trezor once it supports BTS. I think most of us are anxious to get a serious solution for security as soon as possible, and if we hit them with a long list of buyers once our protocol is version 1.0 it will help them make the decision to support BTS faster.

I wonder if Cass ever did contact Alena and Slush at Trezor?

Not until now... they were incredible busy last months!
I've done a few design jobs for them this year... so contact them shouldn't be a problem IMO ;)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 10:34:21 pm by cass »

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
I would also be interested in a hardware wallet for BTS.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline onceuponatime

I think we should make a list of all current BTS holders who would instantly place an order for a trezor once it supports BTS. I think most of us are anxious to get a serious solution for security as soon as possible, and if we hit them with a long list of buyers once our protocol is version 1.0 it will help them make the decision to support BTS faster.

I would be on that list.

It would be better if the existing Trezors were upgraded to accommodate other cryptos. They can push out upgrades to the Trezors out there, and they have discussed adding other cryptos in the past.

If we had a list of people willing to chip in for the development of of a BTS upgrade to the existing Trezor they would probably give it serious consideration.

Even better if they were to be elected as a delegate to fund that development. It would be fantastic for marketing, bringing in much attention.

I wonder if Cass ever did contact Alena and Slush at Trezor?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
cass has connections to those people ..
I was thinking alot about it ... and the ECC in place WILL work for non-TITAN transactions ... (talking private keys and signing of transactions)
Though the transaction format is different .. alot ... that will be the most difficult thing to figure out .. not sure if trezor is aware of Bitcoin transaction format .. but I suppose it needs to be wire-protocol aware ..
That will be the biggest changes IMHO ... but I am not a coder .. so not sure ..

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Our protocol has breaking changes weekly right now. We could make up a special case that will not change specifically for hardware wallets, but there is no point.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Bitcoinfan

• View Profile
Bitstash will launch summer next year ... so guess there is no software to review out until then ...

But the Trezor guys are really well-known in the crypto space ... i'll contact Alena and Slush next days (*Trezor) ...

Any luck on the Trezor call?

Offline onceuponatime

Bitstash will launch summer next year ... so guess there is no software to review out until then ...

But the Trezor guys are really well-known in the crypto space ... i'll contact Alena and Slush next days (*Trezor) ...

I really like my Trezor, and I would like it so very much more if it could be made to work for BTS.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Is slush the same guy that ran a BTC pool for a long time? That'd be cool if they were interested.
Yes he is .. yes that would be awesome!

Offline Riverhead

Is slush the same guy that ran a BTC pool for a long time? That'd be cool if they were interested.